Mediaportal Recordings "other shows" and "TV Shows"

McGregorMX

McGregorMX

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed somewhere else in this section. I browsed through and read a few threads that looked like they may apply, but didn't find any information on my "issue" (quotes are because it's not really application breaking, just annoying).

When I enable Recording options within the mediaportal plugin and then go to view, "mediaportal recordings" from the home screen I'm seeing two separate sections on the next page. One of them is listed as, "other shows" and the other is "TV Shows". I can't find any reason why it is categorizing the shows that way. Another odd issue is that some of the shows will show up in both folders (more than likely not a duplicate issue, and just that a few episodes are in the "other shows" location). On the back end, the mediaportal recording folder is set to the same folder for all tuners, and I get all the recording data from schedules direct.

I'm not sure if there is a setting somewhere, or if I've got to name the shows differently. My current solution has been to use MCEBuddy to strip commercials and save them in a new folder and not use the mediaportal plugin at all, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if there wasn't a solution, it would just be nice to have it working.

pünktchen

Have you explored the plugin options? Every recording genre that you've mapped to one of the Emby categories like "Movies","TV Shows" or "Kids", will sort the recordings into that subfolders. If you don't like it that way, just leave the genre mapping empty.

McGregorMX

Have you explored the plugin options? Every recording genre that you've mapped to one of the Emby categories like "Movies","TV Shows" or "Kids", will sort the recordings into that subfolders. If you don't like it that way, just leave the genre mapping empty.

I will give this a try. If it works I'll mark it as the the best answer!

As an update: I don't have any of the files mapped to a genre at all. I appreciate the help, I'm going to mess around with some other settings before I give up on it. The good news is that it almost doesn't matter, because I've found that keeping mediaportal recording on the back end, and watching through emby after MCEBuddy removes the commercials works just as well. Watching live can still be done with my client setup, and once I make the complete switch from mediaportal, I'll get emby connected...I'm still a little ways away from that (have to get audio passthrough working on the xbox one for movies setup...and that is a "wait on microsoft" situation).

Edited by McGregorMX