Long Artist Lists in DLNA

Hi, new Emby Server user here. Is there a way to configure Emby to divide up the artist list served over DLNA into smaller groups such as by letters of the alphabet?

I have a largeish library of music with hundreds of artists. I stream my music using a Pioneer N-50 but both the N-50 and the Pioneer Android app require me to page though many, many pages of artists which makes it unusable with Emby Server. Although there are plenty of alternative Android apps to choose from, including Emby, that handle the long list of artists much better, none can stream gapless to the N-50.

Other media servers such as Serviio and Twonky handle this, but neither support multiple artists unfortunately.

Thanks,

Craig

Hi, we don't currently have any settings for this. I guess the pioneer does not download them in pages like most other dlna apps?

That's a shame.

The Pioneer app is notoriously poor and gives a list of about 50 artists at a time which I have to scroll though before reaching button that loads the next 50. The device it's self only shows 4 at a time but you can scroll straight though to the end. However it does mean holding the down button on the remote for a very a long time while watching the artists slowly scroll up the tiny display.

I've used Twonky Server ever since I've had the Pioneer and will continue to use that for albums that require gapless playback, but the Emby Server seems happy to co-exist so I think I might use that with the Emby andriod app for everything else.

Thanks for the quick response,

Craig