WMC and Movies By Genre

Weary49

I have tried the latest Beta version of Emby Server (3.6.0.81) for Windows and was very pleased to note that local Trailers and Extras now reappeared in WMC.  However it shows No Items in all but one Genre when I select Movies By Genre. The one Genre (Sci-Fi) does not contain anything like my 1800 odd movies.

This is the same when using the public or beta version of EMC.

Emby Theater and the web app (on IE11) show the Genres correctly filled on the same Windows 7 64 machine.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please make sure that when switching to server version 3.6.* the EMC will still work the same way as it did under version 3.5.*

Thanks

O2G

O2G

Images By Genre items appear correctly in EMC under public server version but there are no Trailers or Extras in EMC.  Under Beta server version Images By Genre are almost all "No Items" but there are Trailers and Extras in EMC.

O2G

Images By Genre items appear correctly in EMC under public server version but there are no Trailers or Extras in EMC.  Under Beta server version Images By Genre are almost all "No Items" but there are Trailers and Extras in EMC.

Thanks for that info. I am using Throg's themes with EMC and there is a Genre category that assembled a few posters from different movies and put them together. Never liked that and so I created my own custom images for the Genre categories.

Never have used trailers and extras if they are worthy of keeping then I get the Bluray and don't have to futz with extra entries, custom images and meta data.

I am just worried then when I browse the genre categories it will not pick up my custom generated images.

jachin99

One more thing to mention.  The trailers plugin seems to be broken for theatrical trailers at least.  I havent looked at logs, tried to update the plugin, etc. but when I try to play a trailer, EMC transitions to the video player UI but nothing plays.  This was an issue with 3.14 as well, but I remember being on 3.14 a while back and they did work.  

ebr/Luke

Just tried EMC Beta 3.0.315 with Server beta 4.0.0.1 and WMC now has trailers, extras and Movie By Genre working correctly again. Thanks for fix.

EMC Beta 3.0.315 with Server 3.5.3.0 has Movie By Genre correctly filled but extras and trailers are missing.