Windows Media Player (External Player)

Steverido

Steverido

I have decided to switch my external Player to Windows Media Player. I find that the quality is better than MPC-HC. Also had issues with MPC-HC not loading correct language and loading subtitles. Settings don't appear to work. Tried changing several times. LAV settings options in MPC-HC are not the same as LAV settings if I install independently.

I seem to recall that in the WMC configurator underneath Player path, you have to put arguments in such as fullscreen. And close player after player ends. I think those were the relevant ones.

Does anyone remember what the arguments are please?

I don't know but why even do this at all? Windows Media player is the same thing as the wmc internal player.

Don'y understand that either running MPC-HC latest version with LAV filters and madVR as an external player that works flawless now for years. Must be something in your playing content like foreign language audio or subtitle tracks. All the command line parameters can be found using Google as MPC-HC is extremely popular with Home Theater enthusiasts.

Steverido

Don'y understand that either running MPC-HC latest version with LAV filters and madVR as an external player that works flawless now for years. Must be something in your playing content like foreign language audio or subtitle tracks. All the command line parameters can be found using Google as MPC-HC is extremely popular with Home Theater enthusiasts.

I have tried VLC and Windows Media Player and neither of those play another language or run subtitles. It is just MPC-HC.

VLC crashes Emby when it closes. I would use that otherwise.

Steverido

Have you checked out our new app, Emby Theater? 

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

It is designed to fully replace windows media center. Thanks !

Long time ago Luke. I really love the chocolate theme that ebr coded. It works for me. I have always loved its layout.

You need a device to switch theatre on and off too don't you?

Steverido

Well you need to launch the app, and then the remote will be able to control it.

Understand, but don't you need something to launch theater?

Steverido

Well you could set it to auto run on windows startup. Does that help?

I will have a look at it. Depends on the themes available too. Wish I could code but never tried.

Steverido

I will have a look at it. Depends on the themes available too. Wish I could code but never tried.

I think that I understand your confusion now with your questions. Didn't theater used to be a Web app only when you first released it? And that was why I was asking about a device to start.

What is chocolate coded in and am I correct that it needs to be changed to HTML to work in theater?

It is open source code! Wondering if someone could complete it if they were paid. How much would we be talking about to do this work?