Remote connection trouble

D1056

Hi,

I have a synology ds918+ that i have my emby newly connected to and i am have trouble connecting to my emby server if not connected to home network. I have noticed that my in-home LAN and Remote WAN are different numbers but same ports not sure if that's right. Message i get when trying to access from my mobile phone is "we're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again" but if i turn my WiFi on it connects fine. Is there something I am missing ?

FrostByte

I have noticed that my in-home LAN and Remote WAN are different numbers but same ports not sure if that's right. 

As in the IP addresses are different, but the ports are the same?  That's correct.  You can't connect to the in-home LAN address outside as it's not routable on the Internet.  Use the remote WAN address when not connected to your local network via WiFi, etc

Not sure I'll be of much help as I never set my NAS up to be accessible from outside, but you may want to check this link

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General/How_to_make_Synology_NAS_accessible_over_the_Internet

Edited by FrostByte