10 replies to this topic

#1 Volfan6415 OFFLINE  

Volfan6415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Local time: 08:13 PM

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

I have started work on an alpha version of a binding to integrate emby and openHAB. Right now the binding does not incorporate control but that is planned for the future. 

https://community.op...ing-alpha/54010

• JackTramiel and justmejustme like this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128677 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 PM

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing !

For those who don't know much about OpenHAB, what are the ultimate end goals of this? Thanks !

#3 theshepherdmatt OFFLINE  

theshepherdmatt

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

Press play on Emby and dim or turn off the lights, press pause and turn them back on a gain etc. I do this with Kodi (emby pluggin) and with my rules it only does this when its night time.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128677 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the info !

#5 Volfan6415 OFFLINE  

Volfan6415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:34 AM

Yes thanks for posting. I had been using the web hooks plugin to send this info to openhab but that stopped working for some reason so I started work on the binding so that it could grab the info. And this is exactly the idea. I also have it setup to create the image urls for the media that is playing so you can grab artwork. I use this on a tablet that is mounted on a wall in our den that also cycles through security cameras and has dashboards for control of the rest of the lights and functions in our house. I plan to expand the binding to allow for control of playback as well.

As discussed in this thread here

Grab Now Playing Coverart and Progress Bar for Second Screen
https://r.tapatalk.c...12&share_type=t
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Volfan6415, 23 January 2019 - 06:38 AM.

#6 jriker1 OFFLINE  

jriker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:52 PM

This is great.  I'm deep into OpenHAB right now and although some feel that things like Emby is not relevant, I 100% think it is.  It's the argument between what is Home Automation and what is a Smart Home. I'm not just about automating things to happen, I want everything to be integrated and in a single place.  After all, a big part of OpenHAB is their sitemap, which to me is basically a super remote control of everything so why wouldn't it make sense to have multimedia aspects as part of it.  One part I really want is to be able to play my music in Emby on my Sonos speakers thru OpenHAB and Alexa.

Thanks.

JR

#7 justmejustme OFFLINE  

justmejustme

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

This is great - one thing stopping me from moving to Emby (from PLEX) was the lack of OpenHAB integration.

Having my lights dim when the movie starts is part of the experience we're very used to. Having the lights come up to 20% when we hit pause is also nice.

• Volfan6415 likes this

#8 Volfan6415 OFFLINE  

Volfan6415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

This is great - one thing stopping me from moving to Emby (from PLEX) was the lack of OpenHAB integration.

Having my lights dim when the movie starts is part of the experience we're very used to. Having the lights come up to 20% when we hit pause is also nice.

The development is still in the early stages. But I have been using it for awhile now to grab the data from Emby-> openHAB and it works great.

The part that I need to work on now is going to the other way sending control data back to Emby from openHAB.

#9 justmejustme OFFLINE  

justmejustme

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

It's near perfect for me already - the only thing I need is to be able to differentiate when it's playing a Movie, a Show, or a Trailer/Pre-roll.

I prefer to leave my lights on dim while watching a TV show, fully off during a movie, and dim during the pre-roll and pre-show-trailer.

The Plex plugin has a Type variable which switches between "episode", "movie", and "clip". (Not sure what it does for music)

The development is still in the early stages. But I have been using it for awhile now to grab the data from Emby-> openHAB and it works great.

The part that I need to work on now is going to the other way sending control data back to Emby from openHAB.

• Volfan6415 likes this

#10 Volfan6415 OFFLINE  

Volfan6415

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

@Luke so right now i am able to have the binding successfully authenticate and connected via the websocket as mentioned in the API here https://github.com/M...wiki/Web-Socket at the address below:

ws://{host}?api_key={authenticationtoken}&deviceId={deviceId}

However, what i can't seem to figure out is the deviceId part for the openHAB server binding.  What i have been doing is just hard coding into openHAB a string value and that seems to work in that the openHAB binding authenticates and receives websocket messages. However i think these deviceIDS are created by the emby server and it would seem to me that there should be a way for my openHAB binding to query the emby server as to what its deviceID is before it connects to via the websocket? 

Or is this necessary if i am connecting via the api_key method? 

Isn't deviceID for tracking premire devices and the like? 

openHAB is open source software so there will never be a situation where the binding would be released with a limit or where the binding i would want the binding to be included as part of the limit of premier devices.  But certainly want to make sure that the tracking is being done appropriately. 

Thanks

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 128677 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:17 AM

No it's not related to Premiere. You could try omitting it.

• Volfan6415 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: openHAB, home automation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users