Emby Theater for Windows Desktop sometimes requires two+ launches to launch

blei

I've been noticing this with the latest version of Emby Theater. Sometimes I have to open Emby Theater twice (or more if there's a been a delay) in order for it to launch. When it fails to launch the first time, I check if any new logs are created (in C:\Users\blei\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\logs), but no new log gets created.

This bug is inconsistent as closing + opening Emby Theater constantly seems to not exhibit this behavior.

Just recently, I tried to constantly open Emby Theater, but it wouldn't launch. I checked my task manager and saw the Emby process "running", so I end tasked it. Then I tried to launch Emby, and it didn't. So I tried a second time, and it worked. This is an extremely annoying bug.

Edited by blei

Hi, this is only when the app is unpacking a new update. The unpacking can take a long time and this may cause you to think it's not working. We need to have a splash screen that tells you what's going on. Thanks.

Does it always attempt to update? Because this issue is still ongoing for me. Just this morning I tried to launch Emby Theater and nothing happened.

Edit: 10 minutes later and nothing was launched. Emby Theater doesn't seem to be in my Task manager either. Was able to launch Emby, though.

Edited by blei

Try rebooting, and then before running Emby Theater, try installing the latest from the website on top of your existing version. Thanks.