Search?

swindmiller

FrostByte

Bring the charms over on the right side and the search option should be at the top

Edited by FrostByte

swindmiller

Thanks. I know where the Search charm is but that does not seem to search Media Browser...just windows 8. Does it work for you?

FrostByte

Ya, I input artist names or movie titles all the time and it works.  Just tried it now too with no issue

swindmiller

Ok that's really weird, mine does not want to search Media Browser.

Here is a screenshot as an example:

53587d928e1e9_Screenshot2.png

Are you on Win 8.1 update 1?

Any ideas?

Edited by swindmiller

FrostByte

I'm on 8.1 with all updates.  I think it's only showing the first few matches it finds.  It's not perfect because it does search ALL files and not just what's in mediabrowser , but it will search music and movies also.  You would probably find Entrapment if you typed a few more characters.  I typed Dracula (see attach below) and got the first 4 hits ( 2 songs, 2 movies), I had to type Dracula 2 before I saw the movie Dracula 2000 in the search.  You can also hit the down arrow next to Everywhere to maybe limit the scope.  Sorry, that's the only search I believe that is available now

5358835bcf902_search.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Also, might need to change your default app for opening files else it may kick you out to the desktop.  I ended up changing it back though because I spend most of my time in desktop mode

7illusions

Search is not implemented in the app yet. It will be in a not to distant future though.

• Like 2

swindmiller

Search is not implemented in the app yet. It will be in a not to distant future though.

Thanks for chiming in :D The app works great as it is, this would just be a very welcome addition. Thanks for all the work so far!

FrostByte,

Do you have your media on that PC, maybe thats why its picking it up thru search?

FrostByte

That's it.  My media and app are on the same machine.  Hopefully 7 can implement the internal search soon.  Agree, nothing in the Windows app store compares to this one.  Well worth the $$ paid for it :)

• Like 2