Emby Connect via Roku Troubleshooting

johnson.4204
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

johnson.4204

Hello! I have been using Emby for my home use. When trying to sign in to my Roku it usually takes me several attempts to get it to work. My Roku is finally working smoothly but my girlfriend can't seem to get hers to work either. The initial home screen gives you two choices: "new server" or  "sign in with Emby Connect". We tried using Emby connect 4-5 times. She would read me off the PIN number and I entered my username, password, and PIN. She said her screen would change from those two choices to "new server" or  "sign out". The login seemed to have worked but it never took her to the dashboard where all my media is. I have a lifetime Emby membership account as well. Possibly this isn't functioning correctly? It wont let me change my home screen display theme at all, it keeps saying "This feature requires an active Emby Premiere subscription." but I definitely have one and under my account, it has a green check mark next to my Emby premier plan. Help!!

Does she have her own Emby account? You both need your own Emby accounts to use Emby connect. You set yourself up as admin and her a Emby connect user complete with an invite to your server. This is the part I think you are missing.

Edited by speechles

johnson.4204

No she does not. I thought I would be able to add hers under my devices. I have my roku and iPad under my account and working. Can I not do it that way? 

• Solution

It would be easier on you if she had her own account. Her watched, her favorites, her history on using apps is mixing into yours. If you don't mind this confusion it may work. It certainly isn't recommended because of the problems mentioned.

Have her sign up on emby forums and make an account. Even if she never intends to post on the forums. Then go to your dashboard. Click the users tab. Then use the + sign and add a new user. Choose emby connect user with invite. Then she signs in with her emby forum username and password and enters the PIN that appears on her screeen. This will create her own individual account on your server completely separate from your own.

Now her recommendations, her watched history, her favorites, everything for her is hers and hers alone. Everything on your user is yours alone. This way you can have different tastes and she won't know you like Orange is the new black and watched every episode already.

• Like 1

johnson.4204

Hahahah. Solid reasoning there. I will try that and let you know if that works. Any ideas as to why I can't change my theme then?

Did you enter your premiere key on the Emby Premiere tab and save? Does status say you are a lifetime premiere?