Nvidia Shield app - how to set favorites

pbenetis

pbenetis

How do you set a favorite channel?  I was able to do this before, as I have some favorite channels set, but now I can't.  Maybe the 7.2 update broke something?  When I am in the Channels view where one would set channel favorites (not the guide view), I cannot add any new favorites for some reason.  I can't click up to the part where with three icons (sort, favorite, settings).  Clicking and holding select doesn't do anything either.  Also, when in this view, I can't click up to the very top part where I could select "Upcoming" or "Guide".  The only thing i can do in the Channels screen is select a channel to play, or back out.  

Feel like I'm losing my mind here.  

pbenetis

I can only highlight the channel “boxes”. I can’t change sort order, can’t set favorites, can’t click up to the very top. I basically cannot get out of the area that has the channels listed.

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

@@CBers are you able to reproduce?

Sort of.

If you open the Live TV Guide and go up to Channels at the top, then you don't get a menu when long-pressing, so you can't add a channel as a favourite.

If you instead open Schedule and then go up to Channels at the top, you can add a channel as a favourite via the long-press menu.

Sort of.

If you open the Live TV Guide and go up to Channels at the top, then you don't get a menu when long-pressing, so you can't add a channel as a favourite.

If you instead open Schedule and then go up to Channels at the top, you can add a channel as a favourite via the long-press menu.

Okay, that's pretty odd but thanks for that investigation.  Is your navigation completely hamstrung like he described?

pbenetis

To add to this: I also have a fire tv and everything is fine. It seems this issue is only with my shield tv. I have also reinstalled the emby app on the shield tv.

• 4 months later...
awade

I came here hoping to find a solution for this issue because after 5 months The Shield TV version of the emby app for Android TV still won't allow you to add favorites unless you go through some weird work around. And even so, the workaround isn't always reliable. Hopefully there's little bit faster progress on the Android TV version of , specifically live TV, because that's the only reason I have a premium subscription. IPTV is becoming extremely popular and as such more and more users will switch to emby because of the guide and configuration ability. The app is just beautiful and the data it pulls and the way it displays it is keeping me sticking around regardless of the hiccup with favorites.

I apologize for letting this one slip through the cracks.  We will address it.

CBers

I cannot reproduce this in the current version of the app.

@@CBers can you still?

Yes, same as before in post #6.

CBers

Yes, same as before in post #6.

Or, go into the Live TV library from the My Media row, go up to Channels and then long-press a channel to get the context menu, where there is the option "Add Favourite".

No matter how I enter the library or navigate to the channels tab, the long-press works fine for me.  Not sure what the difference is.

awade

Are you using an Nvidia Shield with the latest Android updates?

If it helps, I'm going to list my versions of everything:

Emby client: v 1.7.21g

Emby server: v 1.0

Android TV Software: v 7.2.3(30.6.131.70)

Model: P2571

Version: 8.0.0

If you need any other info I'll be happy to provide it.