Music and Music Video cover art - random not showing but does in all other applications

unisoft

unisoft

I have .m4a files at 320kbps.

In Windows Media Center on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, Windows Media Player and iTunes they ALL show their cover art.

On Synology Emby 3.5.3, my clients show a generic place holder for the some music tracks (all the time for affected tracks). Most tracks are fine. Clients are web, Emby Theatre and LG Television apps.

5c1cc71abf1ee_genericcoverart.jpg

using ANY meta data editor I can see easily see the cover art is in the files. they were ALL created with the SAME meta data editor (Softpointer Tag and Rename).

It is showing the other data correctly. I have tried deleting the cover art in Tag and rename and then putting it back (even editing the original image file and resaving first) and also tried latest iTunes for editing the meta tags to re-apply the cover art.

If I use the EXACT same image file (.jpg) within EMBY meta data application, it can then display the cover art but its only then in the emby database not rewritten to the file.

I can get a OneDrive link of some sample files if required for the dev people?

Edited by unisoft

unisoft

Can you try refreshing metadata on the album? thanks.

Still the same when done at the Album level. Anything else sees the cover art.

• 2 months later...
unisoft

Server log?

Sorry for delay on this one. Still have the error.

Here is an extract - it seems it doesn't like to extract the image but for random songs. MOST of my library it has worked fine on for Music and Windows Media Center (Media PLayer) and other multimedia apps including iTunes are also OK with it. I don not have meta data fetchers enabled because all the meta data and images are already in IDv3.2 tags....Yes, I have tried putting a newly edited version of the image into the m4a file as well instead of the original with no change.

2019-02-26 14:44:50.460 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffprobe -i file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format

2019-02-26 14:44:50.460 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format

2019-02-26 14:44:50.471 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.

2019-02-26 14:44:51.051 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

2019-02-26 14:44:51.213 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffmpeg -i file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" -map 0:v:2 -threads 0 -v quiet -vframes 1 -vf "scale=600:trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -f image2 "/volume1/Emby/cache/temp/3eea59cc-bcfd-49da-8a18-2e9de64a074e.jpg"

2019-02-26 14:44:51.213 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpgeg extract-image' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -i file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" -map 0:v:2 -threads 0 -v quiet -vframes 1 -vf "scale=600:trunc(ow/a/2)*2" -f image2 "/volume1/Emby/cache/temp/3eea59cc-bcfd-49da-8a18-2e9de64a074e.jpg"

2019-02-26 14:44:51.235 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpgeg extract-image' Started.

2019-02-26 14:44:51.377 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffmpgeg extract-image' Process exited with code 1

2019-02-26 14:44:51.377 Error MediaEncoder: ffmpeg image extraction failed for file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" (output file not found)

2019-02-26 14:44:51.403 Error App: Error in Image Extractor

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.0.2.0

Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/EmbyServer.exe -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121

Operating system: Unix 3.10.105.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: False

Mono: 5.18.0.240 (tarball Thu Jan 17 22:30:05 UTC 2019)

Processor count: 4

Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var

Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.0.2.0

System.Exception: System.Exception: ffmpeg image extraction failed for file:"/volume1/Multimedia/Music/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes/(I've Had) The Time Of My Life/Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life.m4a" (output file not found)

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.ExtractImageInternal (System.String inputPath, System.String container, MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream videoStream, System.Nullable`1[T] imageStreamIndex, System.Nullable`1[T] threedFormat, System.Nullable`1[T] offset, System.Boolean useIFrame, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00423] in <8d3c2eae278a44b89027f6e03c623f02>:0

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.ExtractImage (System.String inputPath, System.String container, MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream videoStream, System.Nullable`1[T] imageStreamIndex, MediaBrowser.Model.MediaInfo.MediaProtocol protocol, System.Boolean isAudio, System.Nullable`1[T] threedFormat, System.Nullable`1[T] offset, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x001bb] in <8d3c2eae278a44b89027f6e03c623f02>:0

at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.AudioImageProvider.GetImage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.Audio item, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] imageStreams, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0017b] in <3dd6cb4e99294cca81d77ebb6c7c6114>:0

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ItemImageProvider.RefreshFromProvider (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem item, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDynamicImageProvider provider, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.ImageRefreshOptions refreshOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Configuration.TypeOptions savedOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Configuration.LibraryOptions libraryOptions, System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] downloadedImages, MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.RefreshResult result, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0014f] in <3dd6cb4e99294cca81d77ebb6c7c6114>:0

Source: mscorlib

TargetSite: Void Throw()

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.ExtractImageInternal (System.String inputPath, System.String container, MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream videoStream, System.Nullable`1[T] imageStreamIndex, System.Nullable`1[T] threedFormat, System.Nullable`1[T] offset, System.Boolean useIFrame, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00423] in <8d3c2eae278a44b89027f6e03c623f02>:0

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder.ExtractImage (System.String inputPath, System.String container, MediaBrowser.Model.Entities.MediaStream videoStream, System.Nullable`1[T] imageStreamIndex, MediaBrowser.Model.MediaInfo.MediaProtocol protocol, System.Boolean isAudio, System.Nullable`1[T] threedFormat, System.Nullable`1[T] offset, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x001bb] in <8d3c2eae278a44b89027f6e03c623f02>:0

at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.AudioImageProvider.GetImage (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Audio.Audio item, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] imageStreams, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0017b] in <3dd6cb4e99294cca81d77ebb6c7c6114>:0

at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ItemImageProvider.RefreshFromProvider (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem item, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDynamicImageProvider provider, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.ImageRefreshOptions refreshOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Configuration.TypeOptions savedOptions, MediaBrowser.Model.Configuration.LibraryOptions libraryOptions, System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] downloadedImages, MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.RefreshResult result, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0014f] in <3dd6cb4e99294cca81d77ebb6c7c6114>:0

2019-02-26 14:44:51.708 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://webservice.fanart.tv/v3.1/music/cbd4e540-2271-456e-95ea-01a78d73b304?api_key=[censored]

2019-02-26 14:44:51.900 Error HttpClient: Error ProtocolError getting response from

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.0.2.0

Command line: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/server/EmbyServer.exe -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121

Operating system: Unix 3.10.105.0

64-Bit OS: True

Edited by unisoft

Occasionally it will fail for certain files. It is nothing to be alarmed about. You can always set one manually.

We do have an open issue about extracting from m4b. There's a good chance that will help with your m4a.

unisoft

Occasionally it will fail for certain files. It is nothing to be alarmed about. You can always set one manually.

We do have an open issue about extracting from m4b. There's a good chance that will help with your m4a.

Do you think its a quirk of punctuation or filename too long when it passes the parameters over?

I can add manually, but it doesn't store it back in the original music file M4a, but I guess as its already in there its just a workaround for the database to be correct.

No,I don't think the filename is related. I would suggest waiting for us to resolve the m4b image extraction issue and then we can see where this stands. Thanks.