Passwordless authentication for specific IP prefixes

JackHadrill

JackHadrill

Hello all,

Just wondering if there is any current functionality (can't find any, but I might not be looking hard enough) or plans for any future functionality to be able to whitelist an IP prefix for passwordless auth?

Want to make dad's life slightly easier so he doesn't have to enter passwords in on each of his Fire TV sticks!

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,

Jack :-) 

mastrmind11

Under Advanced there's a LAN Network box.  Description says 

"Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be considered on local network when enforcing bandwidth restrictions."  

I'm not sure if this also applies the same pin/password/no password settings of your LAN, but might be worth a try?

(though doing this is pretty unsecure)

JackHadrill

Under Advanced there's a LAN Network box.  Description says 

"Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be considered on local network when enforcing bandwidth restrictions."  

I'm not sure if this also applies the same pin/password/no password settings of your LAN, but might be worth a try?

(though doing this is pretty unsecure)

Thanks,

I control the IP ranges I use so security isn't my biggest concern. My only worries doing this would be the bandwidth? Whilst I have a fibre connection, my father is still on 5 Mbps ADSL. I'll take a look at this now though, thanks!

JackHadrill

This would be awesome.  I would like to only have to enter a password from outside of my LAN.

There's a way to do it on LAN prefixes at the moment. That functionality already exists.

I was looking for a way to remove passwords on remote, trusted prefixes without treating it as a LAN network.

Happy2Play

This would be awesome.  I would like to only have to enter a password from outside of my LAN.

You already have that option with Easy Pin.

Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code

If enabled, you'll be able to use your easy pin code to sign in to Emby apps from inside your home network. Your regular password will only be needed away from home. If the pin code is left blank, you won't need a password within your home network.

Happy2Play

There's a way to do it on LAN prefixes at the moment. That functionality already exists.

I was looking for a way to remove passwords on remote, trusted prefixes without treating it as a LAN network.

Wouldn't you just use "Remote IP address filter:" and whitelist, then ensure users don't have passwords?

Remote IP address filter:
Comma separated list of IP addresses or IP/netmask entries for networks that will be allowed to connect remotely. If left blank, all remote addresses will be allowed.

Edited by Happy2Play

JackHadrill

Wouldn't you just use "Remote IP address filter:" and whitelist, then ensure users don't have passwords?

I guess that's one way. I'd rather allow connectivity from all IPs and whitelist passwordless login for specific ranges, however. I have managed to get my desired outcome by treating the IP as a LAN IP for now.