Chapter images: add a small delay?

chowbok

chowbok

Since with a lot of movies a chapter start corresponds with a fade-in, many chapter images are just plain black squares. It seems like a simple way to fix this would be to grab the chapter image from the chapter timestamp + 5 seconds or so. Is this something that seems feasible?

• Like 3

chowbok

Well, it's not just one video this is happening with. Older movies used fade-ins a lot. I tested from a few different movies, and it seems to be 3-4 seconds.

• 5 months later...
hstamas

Just started playing with chapter images myself and I’m seeing the same thing with TV shows. Episodes that have actual, designated chapter marks that Emby is honoring usually occur when the show is coming back from where a commercial used to live so there is a fade in from black. Most of my chapter images are capturing this black screen.

Example attached.

I thing a 1-2 second offset would solve the problem.

post-45887-0-65315300-1559942953_thumb.jpeg

Strange. We actually already use a filter to try and avoid black images on chapters.

chowbok

Strange. We actually already use a filter to try and avoid black images on chapters.

Really? I didn't realize that. It's not working for me, at least not always.

• 4 years later...
chowbok

Too late to revive this thread? I have a good example file of what I was talking about, let me know if you'd still like to look at it and I'll put it up.

OK, there is currently no option for this, but this idea has come up before and is possible for future updates. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Grimmer

Would love this feature as well.

NCIS is a great example of this issue.  Pulling images at the chapter markers always results in a black screen (except for the first chapter):
image.thumb.png.4e14adefebaaed8c18f69426ce2df04b.png

A library level (and perhaps a TV show level override) of chapter mark + "X seconds" (and could accept + or - values).

Edited by Grimmer
  • Agree 1