Videos with multiple audio tracks

rawToe

This just started for me in the last couple of weeks.  I have tons of movies with multiple audio tracks.  I can only play the default track in the Emby app for Roku.  All files are mkv.  When I select a different track in the app, it looks like it's working, the stream reloads, then reloads again and the default track keeps playing.  The other tracks play fine in VLC.

I have this on the regular and beta apps for Roku.

any ideas?

@@rawToe How are you changing audio tracks?

I suspect you are pressing * and using the Roku standard interface? If so, use our video player OSD instead. Press down as the video plays. The Audio selection button looks like a speaker. Click that and you should find it works as expected.

I had the same question as you, but I've found an answer in other thread of this forum thanks to user Gramps 

You need to find .m3u8 URL for your video by using developer console in Firefox. To find it easier use m3u8 for filter in there. Click on the video you want to capture and in console window there will be url for your video.

Then use ffmpeg -i "your URL.m3u8" -c copy file.ts 

FFmpeg will only capture default stream with main audio track. If you want other audio track as well, click on audio icon and in developer console there will be another m3u8 url and you can also capture it with ffmpeg. You cannot capture video with two tracks at the same time because other audio tracks are separate aac files on their server.
Edited by Luke

@@rawToe How are you changing audio tracks?

I suspect you are pressing * and using the Roku standard interface? If so, use our video player OSD instead. Press down as the video plays. The Audio selection button looks like a speaker. Click that and you should find it works as expected.

this was the issue. all working now. thank you