Apple TV and Emby Live TV

Johan72

I have the following issue.

On my nvidia shield TV on which emby was installed, the loading of the channels took a few seconds.
I could easily make my favorite channels.
On my apple tv4 on which emby is installed, it takes forever to load the 17000 channels in about an hour.
Is there a possibility to take over the favorites from my nvidia shield tv?

When I shut down my apple TV and start up again I have lost all the channels and I have to wait another hour for the channels to be loaded again.

rgds

Johan

Hi, we are working on a new video player for the Apple TV app that will tune much faster. Please stay tuned. Thanks !

Ok I hope that the loading of the IPTV channels will be loaded faster and that the favorites that are in emby will be taken over or that there will be an easier way to make a selection of the channels that are available.

Yes that is correct. VOD, 24/7, and a lot of countries.

The IPTV is from BestBuyIPTV.

I have selected 450 channels from 17000 to my favorites in my Nvidia Shield TV and in the Emby on my MacBook. So that’s why I hope you can do this also on the appleTV version of Emby.

Than I would advise you to only have Live TV channels in your m3u and export your VOD to STRM files, so that you can use an Emby Movies and/or Series library to place your exported STRM files in it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65778-xtreamdownloader-vod-file-download-vod-strm-export-from-iptv-provider/

gene0915

Than I would advise you to only have Live TV channels in your m3u and export your VOD to STRM files, so that you can use an Emby Movies and/or Series library to place your exported STRM files in it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65778-xtreamdownloader-vod-file-download-vod-strm-export-from-iptv-provider/

Can you go into more detail about how to do this? I'm new to the world of IPTV. Was looking at the link Johan72 mentioned (BestBuyiptv) but where do you go to have your m3u URL only list live channels?

gene0915

Yes that is correct. VOD, 24/7, and a lot of countries.

The IPTV is from BestBuyIPTV.

I have selected 450 channels from 17000 to my favorites in my Nvidia Shield TV and in the Emby on my MacBook. So that’s why I hope you can do this also on the appleTV version of Emby.

How's the quality on that? My wife is from central Europe and I'd like to get some of the Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian channels. HD quality or SD? Think there would be any buffering issues back to America? I'll probably sign up for the 48 hour trial tomorrow and see how it goes.

The quality is good to very good. I live in the Netherlands and when i watch the channels i have some times that the screen freezes for buffering but not annoying. When you have payed you get a email with all the information. You get the url for EPG and you get different URL for your channels for the different devices that can play iptv. I have the nvidia shield TV and i use Emby to watch the channels. Kodi is also possible.

jaycapz

Hi 

Trying to figure out the right path for determining if the Apple TV beta still live?  Only reason for asking in multiple threads is I am trialing both emby and plex and like to pick a daily driver.  I recently got my apple TV which is going to be one of my primary devices.  Don't want to drag out subscriptions for month.

Please let me know how I can try it out, the guide for live tv is clutch in making my decision.  

Thanks to all.

Edited by jaycapz

jaycapz

Our Apple TV beta is still live, yes.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Is there a way for me to join in on it?  Or, is it closed to new applicants? 

jaycapz

You can send a pm to @@ebr. thanks.

Sent on 12/31, probably just busy.  Appreciate the direction and confirmation.  I'll wait to hear back, thanks.

Sent on 12/31, probably just busy.  Appreciate the direction and confirmation.  I'll wait to hear back, thanks.

Hi.  You were added to the program that day.  You should have received an email from Apple on the address you gave me.

(FYI - the current beta does not have any changes to the Live TV guide)

jaycapz

Hi.  You were added to the program that day.  You should have received an email from Apple on the address you gave me.

(FYI - the current beta does not have any changes to the Live TV guide)

Ebr thanks for confirming, I guess the e-mail was sent to spam.  Is there a preference for which thread you want folks submitting feedback?  I am seeing feedback pop-up on random threads, I am sure this is a moderators nightmare.

Ebr thanks for confirming, I guess the e-mail was sent to spam.  Is there a preference for which thread you want folks submitting feedback?  I am seeing feedback pop-up on random threads, I am sure this is a moderators nightmare.

Please use the testing area near the bottom of the forum.  Thanks.

• Like 1

No ETA. We're working as hard and as fast as we can to get it released as soon as possible. Thanks !