emby for panasonic tv

no entres

no entres

Hello, I have a Panasonic Viera TV, and I do not know if there is an application to play Emby on this TV

Hello, I have a Panasonic Viera TV, and I do not know if there is an application to play Emby on this TV

no entres

yes, this tv has an app store.

I have used the dlna but it does not reproduce the content. Do you know why?

I have used the dlna but it does not reproduce the content

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
JerryPenguin

It's possible for the future, thanks.

Hi,

I've just bought a new Panasonic TV and join the desire for an EMBY app for the Panasonic Viera Smart TV Store.

It would be a shame if I only had to buy, configure and connect another BOX to access my EMBY server.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
JerryPenguin

Hi,

Any news ? 

I want to buy new tv soon but if the app is not compatible with panasonic TV, i will buy another brand.

Hi,

I have a LG beside my Panasonic and EMBY runs on it.
I am very satisfied with the LG, but unfortunately the LG has no SATIP client, so I bought a Panasonic for another room.
There I miss the EMBY Client painfully :-(

So far Panasonic didn't answer my question why EMBY is not recorded.

Greetings

Hi,

Any news ?

I want to buy new tv soon but if the app is not compatible with panasonic TV, i will buy another brand.

I wouldn't make app availability anywhere near the top of the list of features on a TV, not even in the top ten..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't make app availability anywhere near the top of the list of features on a TV, not even in the top ten..

it's not in the top list, but if another brand purpose the same features as panasonic, and emby is available on it i will go with that.

The only other one that I would look at all other features considered equal would be Sony as Sony has AndroidTV built-in although it's probably not as good as using a ShieldTV

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Depechie said:

Seeing that I also own a Panasonic tv, was wondering if you ever got any feedback on the developer portal for submitted app? ( Support | Developers | Panasonic IPTV Apps DEVELOPERS (vieraconnect.com) )

The VEWD solution is not possible for Panasonic either.

We did not but we can try again. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Depechie

Hehe although a good suggestion, I would rather have an app on the Panasonic TV itself because it can handle 4K directly. Instead needing to buy again another external device.

I already have an Apple TV, but an older generation.

You can wait for something that may never happen or spend less than $50 for a solution now. 

I use a 2017 ShieldTV with my 2013 Panasonic Plasma. I am pretty sure the PQ and AQ is better than anything an on board app would give me but if it is a newer set with Lossless ARC then that may be a different story.