Update to 3.6 beta

heula

Ever since I switched from Emby server for Windows to Synology Nas I experience slowness and Can’t connect to Emby error messages and my hope is Emby Server 3.6 is much faster and more stable tha the current 3.5.3

I see in some topics the 3.6 beta for Synology Nas is in use but I can’t find where to get the update for testing.

How do I get the beta update to 3.6 for Synology Nas?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi can anyone help have been wanting to update my Synology DS918+ since December how do i contact Solabc16 to get manual beta update.

Thanks

Thank you so much, done the 2 updates last night and the server is running like a dream and everything is much smoother and faster...Great work

• Like 1

batcave7

Emby Admin, I have a Synology DS918+ and want to run the 3.6 beta or is it called 4.0 beta? Can I now get a stable beta version for my NAS? How do I do it. Please help. Thanks.

FrostByte

Emby Admin, I have a Synology DS918+ and want to run the 3.6 beta or is it called 4.0 beta? Can I now get a stable beta version for my NAS? How do I do it. Please help. Thanks.

You need to PM solabc16, he can add you to the beta and send the instructions on how to install beta. 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-Accessing-Beta-and-Development-Releases

Latest beta for Synolgy is 4.0.0.1.-1, but I would expect this would go stable soon.

Hi there, to install the latest stable version, please follow the instructions on our website:

https://emby.media/download.html

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

batcave7

Thank you, just to be clear, I need to PM solabc16 on GitHub or here? I looked for "solabc16" on GitHub member's list, this name did not come up.