Library media issue

Hoochee

Currently running Version 3.6.0.78 beta of the server but this has been an issue under 3.3.2.0, 3.2.24.0.0, 3.6.0.76 beta, 3.6.0.77 beta. Pretty sure it's nothing to do with a Thecus server.

I have movies on a Thecus N5550. Folder structure is:

Movies

->Unwatched

-->Folders by genre

--->Files

->Watched

-->Folders by genre

--->Files

I have a Library Movies - All which has Movies>Unwatched and Movies>Watched as the media Folders. When I access the Home page I see the Library and there are movie posters making up the Primary image. I open the Library and all the movies in both the Watched and Unwatched folders can be seen in all the pages (Movies, Genre, etc...). This seems to be working correctly, the problem is the next paragraph...

I have a Library Movies - Unwatched which has Movies>Unwatched as the media Folder, there are several genre subfolders and there are few files in the root. When I access the Home page the Library's Primary image is a red background with "Movies - Unwatched" in white text. When I access the Library the Movies, Suggestions, Trailers, Collections, Favorites (I don't have any assigned) and Genre pages are all blank but the Folders page shows my Unwatched subfolders and selecting those shows the individual movie files. I can also see the few files that are in the root media folder. I've already verified the Library is set up the same as Movies - All except for the name and difference in Folders. I also find that in the Server>Library view the icon is the little film strip icon. Thoughts on the issue with this Library having all the blank pages? I realize some of the blank pages are related, i.e. nothing on the Movies page so no genre listings. 

Another, possibly related, issue is a Library named Shows. The associated Folder is on the same Thecus N5550. The Shows folder has a few files in the root, then there are six subfolders. Accessing the Library from the Home page I see only the folders and files within them. The few movies in the root Shows folder are not recognized. Interestingly this is the opposite of what I see in the movie library's above. When I move the files from a root to a subfolder of it they are seen. Again, thoughts?

I have four other libraries. Two more for TV shows, two for music. Same/similar folder structure in that there’s a root with some files and some subfolders. Near as I can tell those all work as expected.

I had tried to add the Unwatched folder to another new library with no luck getting the files to appear. After your reply i also added the folder to an existing library with no luck. I think the Scan was stalling at 92.8%, or at least slowing to a pace that after 20 minutes there was no progress. Regardless, there were no movies in the library despite a partial scan. But here's what I found...seems maybe Emby doesn't like the same folder to be a media resource for two libraries. In the logs I found lines referencing the Unwatched folder as a duplicate path:

2018-12-17 09:45:41.454 Info App: Found duplicate path: /raid0/data/Movies/Unwatched

Maybe it doesn't mean what I think but the same line appears several times in the log so I removed the Unwatched folder from the Movies - All library which left it in only the Movies - Unwatched library. When the scan was at ~53% there were numerous movies in the library with the scan progress currently at 92.8% (where it appeared to stall before). I'll keep an eye on the progress to see if it completes but it's already been another 20 minutes at 92.8%. So some forward movement, just a puzzling scan. I assume that means it's getting to a file it can't read and stalls instead of throwing an error?

Edited by Hoochee

No, the reason I was asking is because currently you cannot duplicate folders across multiple libraries. This is the reason for the content not showing up.

Got it. The scan finally completed overnight and all looks good with each folder being associated to only one library.

Any thoughts on the other library issue, I have a Library named Shows. The source folder is only associated to this library and the folder has a few files in the root, then there are six subfolders. Accessing the Library from the Home page I see only the folders and files within them. The few movies in the root folder are not recognized. Interestingly this is the opposite of what I see in the movie library's above. When I move the files from a root to a subfolder of it they are seen.

The Library they were in until last night was for TV Shows and the content in question is TV shows (multi-series) but I've found they are identified correctly only when put in a Movies content library.

one more thing to mention about being able to associate each folder to only one library. For the library where I had two folders associated - when I removed the one I wanted to put in a 2nd library, the 1st library still showed there were two folders associated to in the Library view. In other words, when I removed the Unwatched folder, in Server>Library it showed "2 folders" as being associated to it even though under Manage Library there was only one Folder listed. Maybe a restart of the Server would have corrected the error but I just Removed the Server and added it back. Until I did that I couldn't get the new library to recognize the folder contents of Unwatched. Hope I've described it well enough to reproduce for testing.

It didn't, everything is structured as series name>season xx>episode name.Sxx.Exx.ext but I went ahead and copied one of the media files to another library and renamed it to match the simple structure - no change in how it's recognized (or not, I guess). I've realized the series doesn't exist in TVDb, it's in TMDb and IMDb, so maybe that's the issue. In case it helps to look at, the mini-series is LEGO Jurassic World: The Indominus Escape. No big deal to me at this point since I got it to be correctly recognized in a Movie content library but I am curious about the cause.

Edited by Hoochee

Ok so if it's not on tvdb, then this might lead to an unexpected result. Usually the search engine will return something, even if it's not right.