327 replies to this topic

#321 fizzyade OFFLINE  

fizzyade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Local time: 01:51 AM

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:12 AM

When the update is finished there is a information, that this firmware is only for experimental using and it is not allowed to share.

So there's no way of knowing if you've had your serial number enabled yet?  It just says 7.2.3 and it might install either the public release or the test image labelled at 7.2.3 depending on whether they've enabled the test image for me yet.

Is that the gist of it?

#322 fizzyade OFFLINE  

fizzyade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

The image hit my boxes a few hours ago, for those that are interested the update is labelled differently, something “Shield verification image”.

So far so good, it’s behaving.

#323 fizzyade OFFLINE  

fizzyade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:31 AM

So updated to the engineering image and all 3 shields in the house, all have flawless playback once again.

#324 jesand83 OFFLINE  

jesand83

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 05:51 PM

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

The website to sign up for the preview program says it's not taking new applicants and neither of my boxes have gotten the latest update. Any ideas on how I can get ahold of it? The stuttering is driving my wife crazy, which means life is not great for me right now!

#325 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 44948 posts
  • Local time: 08:51 PM

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

The website to sign up for the preview program says it's not taking new applicants and neither of my boxes have gotten the latest update. Any ideas on how I can get ahold of it? The stuttering is driving my wife crazy, which means life is not great for me right now!

Not sure there is a way but, hopefully, that means they are close to a general release.

#326 davebytes OFFLINE  

davebytes

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Try following instructions in the post here if you haven't already:

https://forums.gefor...2-3-test-image/

• CBers likes this

#327 horstepipe OFFLINE  

horstepipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1442 posts
  • Local time: 02:51 AM

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

Guys are you sure this issue is only related to Nvidia? Just got an Amazon Fire TV 4K stick and seeing the same issue. It’s definitely not a bandwidth problem, streams work fine in Kodi and on other hardware.

Edited by horstepipe, 06 June 2019 - 02:14 PM.

#328 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129475 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

Guys are you sure this issue is only related to nvidis? Just got an Amazon Fire TV 4K stick and seeing the same issue. It’s definitely not a bandwidth problem, streams work fine in Kodi and on other hardware.

This topic is about the Shield. Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users