Nvidia Shield TV- Playback will pause constantly

BeRealBud

davebytes

The website to sign up for the preview program says it's not taking new applicants and neither of my boxes have gotten the latest update. Any ideas on how I can get ahold of it? The stuttering is driving my wife crazy, which means life is not great for me right now!

Try following instructions in the post here if you haven't already:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1110161/shield-tv/shield-experience-upgrade-7-2-3-test-image/

• Like 1

horstepipe

Guys are you sure this issue is only related to Nvidia? Just got an Amazon Fire TV 4K stick and seeing the same issue. It’s definitely not a bandwidth problem, streams work fine in Kodi and on other hardware.

Edited by horstepipe

Guys are you sure this issue is only related to nvidis? Just got an Amazon Fire TV 4K stick and seeing the same issue. It’s definitely not a bandwidth problem, streams work fine in Kodi and on other hardware.

This topic is about the Shield. Please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks.

• 1 month later...

Any idea when the official update is going to be released?

You'd have to ask NVidia.

• 3 weeks later...
BillyBob1

Am I missing something, I saw this update announced while I was on vacation and was super excited. Got home last night to find my shield had already update to 8.0. I rebooted it and put on a high bitrate movie and the pausing is way worse ( every 3 seconds).

I have not had time to do any trouble shooting but nothing has changed except the update. Before I drive to far down this rabbit whole any general insights.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BeRealBud

Am I missing something, I saw this update announced while I was on vacation and was super excited. Got home last night to find my shield had already update to 8.0. I rebooted it and put on a high bitrate movie and the pausing is way worse ( every 3 seconds).

I have not had time to do any trouble shooting but nothing has changed except the update. Before I drive to far down this rabbit whole any general insights.

Are you using a personal server?

BillyBob1

Are you using a personal server?

Yes,

Running personal server on Unraid with emby official docker. When I rebooted the shield I also rebooted and forced update on the docker just in case.

Hi there, can we look at an example of what you're playing? Thanks !

vdatanet

New nvidia shield update has wifi problems on some devices, try a wired connection. You’ll have to wait for a nvidia fix. This is unrelated to the topic issue. The topic issue is fixed. This is a new issue with the nvdia shied wifi.

You can try disabling 2.4 Ghz band on your router/ap or set different SSID for each band. I suspect when both bands have the same SSID Nividia Shield it becomes a mess.

I will open a new topic to give more visibility to the issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76207-wifi-problems-with-shield-experience-80-update/

Edited by vdatanet