Music Videos - search and selecting an actor/crew doesn't show related movies

curiousgally

curiousgally

Hi, I'm just getting started with emby and experimenting ways to customize my media (music videos for now). I see some difference in the browser version vs the app versions.

Browser: Every video song has actors&crew section shown and I can click on any actor to show all the video songs they are part of.

Android TV/Fire tv app: I cannot see any Actors being shown on a video song page. Also searching for an actor/crew just shows their bio and not the songs they are involved in.

Android mobile App: Every video song has actors&crew section shown and on click of an actor/search of an actor only shows their bio instead of showing their associated videos.

I'm fetching metadata by passing TheMovieDb Id for the videos in an album.

Not sure if this is a gap that is yet to be filled in terms of user experience or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !!!

Hi.  I'm a bit confused by your reference to "video song".  What type of content are we talking about here?

curiousgally

Hi.  I'm a bit confused by your reference to "video song".  What type of content are we talking about here?

I'm trying to setup the music video collection ebr. Right now experimenting to see and figure out the best way to organize my videos. I have albums, each album has a few videos. Also each album has a set of actors and crew. 

• 10 months later...
curiousgally

Okay, yeah, this app is not showing "Cast" for music videos.  We can look to add that.

Thanks.

@@ebr Hey wondering if this ever got implemented ? Thanks.