Documentaries library gets multiple items when I run Update Library

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

Aside form the usual Movies and TV libraries, I also have a Concert Videos and Documentaries (mixed content) libraries.  All but the Documentaries library show new content in Kodi after scanning the library from within Emby.  For some reason the Documentaries library does not.  After scanning the libraries, new documentary shows will appear in Emby but not Kodi.  So I went into Addons>Video add-ons>Emby>Update libraries, selected Documentaries and clicked OK.  After the scan, it found the new Documentary series but also then showed duplicates for all the previously existing documentary series. It did not do this for any previously existing documentary movies.  Why is this happening?

On a secondary note, what happened to the incremental sync option from before?  That was a fast way to find new content that may have been missed for some reason.  Is there an equivalent now?

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

It's set to Mixed Content and it points to 3 different folders.  It contains TV Shows and Movies but only the TV shows get duplicated.

bozrdnag

Correction - both movies and series are duplicated in my Documentaries library. And so this point doesn't get lost in the shuffle, it's also not finding new shows or movies except when I manually update.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

@@bozrdnag

Thanks for your patience, I will test on my side. However, if you can produce a Kodi log containing this issue, that would be great. Start Kodi > Repair the mixed library content from Kodi via launching the add-on > video add-ons > emby > open the context menu on your Documentaries library > Repair. Then restart Kodi. This time, try to update the library like in your OP, and post your log.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

bozrdnag

The log is attached.  One note, when following your steps to repair the library, mine was a bit different.  You said:

Repair the mixed library content from Kodi via launching the add-on > video add-ons > emby > open the context menu on your Documentaries library > Repair.

But when I go to Add-ons>Video add-ons>Emby I have Documentaries (Movies) and Documentaries (TV Shows).  I repaired both.

kodi.log

Edited by bozrdnag

bozrdnag

Something else I noticed is that (with TV shows) while there are duplicates for each series, only one entry for each seem to contain episodes.  Not sure if that helps any but I figured I'd mention it in case.  Here's a screen capture:

post-1153-0-15749400-1546564334_thumb.jpg

Edited by bozrdnag
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Somehow the reference to the content from the library must not be set correctly or it's not able to find the already existing content in the add-on database. Sent you a pm for a follow up.

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

@@bozrdnag

Can you let me know if this is resolved with 3.1.44?

This one time, I recommend using the kodi interface context menu > manage > delete from library to remove all effected titles. Then doing a repair, then an update of the mixed content to repeat your test. Let me know.

• Like 1

bozrdnag

Seems to be working just fine now.  Subsequent updates do not give me duplicates and do find new series and movies.  Thanks so much!  I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

bozrdnag

I am experiencing just one last abnormality.  I just added a documentary movie to Emby but Emby for Kodi did not automatically update Kodi's library to include the new documentary movie.  The only way I could get it to show in Kodi was to go into the addon and manually update the Documentaries library.

Conversely, I added a regular movie to my Movies library and within a few minutes of it showing in Emby, Emby for Kodi automatically updated my Kodi library to include the new movie.  I actually did this before I manually updated the Documentaries library and while the new "regular" movie showed up, the documentary movie still did not until I manually updated.

bozrdnag

So I added a new documentary TV Show to get the log and it worked fine this time.  Tried it a few more times including movies and everything is working fine.  Must have been an anomaly.  Sorry about that!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So I added a new documentary TV Show to get the log and it worked fine this time. Tried it a few more times including movies and everything is working fine. Must have been an anomaly. Sorry about that!

Alright, well if it happens again, you know what to do :)

• Like 1