Emby Theater stuttering on 1080p content

Crossfire0mega
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

Guest asrequested

Your stats are saying it's exceeded the bitrate limit. Have you changed that setting in the app? Set it to 120Mb/s

5c15e331ed23e_Snapshot_116.jpg

And for some reason, your hardware acceleration is being turned off. First try setting the network bitrate, and test playback

Crossfire0mega

Your stats are saying it's exceeded the bitrate limit. Have you changed that setting in the app? Set it to 120Mb/s

5c15e331ed23e_Snapshot_116.jpg

And for some reason, your hardware acceleration is being turned off. First try setting the network bitrate, and test playback

So it was set to 1080P 4Mbps automatically lol, I changed it to 4K 120 and that fixed it thanks.

And yeah I did set hardware acceleration to auto but it shows as off in the stats.

post-29324-0-56941600-1544939014_thumb.jpg

Can I set it to one of these options to force it to activate?

Guest asrequested

If you're using windows 8 or later, you can try D3D11. Check your refresh setting in windows. Make sure it isn't stuck on something you don't want. Your stats are saying 24fps.

Guest asrequested

You could probably set your Windows refresh rate to 30Hz. That would likely stop your frame dropping. It just depends on whether your projector is ok with that.

Edited by Doofus

Crossfire0mega

I set it to 120Hz and it seems to be working fine. I also set D3D11 and it now shows hw acceleration on and I went ahead and turned down the quality to 1080P 60Mbps, Should I be able to play my 4K videos transcoded because even after setting that they direct play and drop frames still, or should I just forget about them till I get a better client box?

edit:

I also noticed that after setting all that and trying to play the 4K video again it didn't show hw acceleration on like the 1080P did.

Edited by Crossfire0mega

Guest asrequested

I also noticed that after setting all that and trying to play the 4K video again it didn't show hw acceleration on like the 1080P did.

If you post an mpv log, I can take a look

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-enable-mpv-logging-for-theater/

But I don't think your GPU supports hardware decoding of HEVC. That would explain why mpv is disabling it.

Edited by Doofus