IPTV Plugin - Crashes on Roku devices

gtaman92

Ok, I've merged the topics as it's not going to be very productive discussing the same thing in two different places. Thanks.

jamesthomas

I think its working fine for New devices like ROKU TV  ROKU 4 and ROKU 3.

Just roku streaming stick + and below its having issue.

• 2 weeks later...
jamesthomas

Hi, Roku blackout is done now. Have you updated it? Please let us know after updating. Been waiting for 2 weeks now.

@@jamesthomas

Player error.  Error Code: -4 Message: No streams were provided for playback.
[VideoPlayer] *** FATAL ERROR  0 ABORTING

We have already fixed this issue. Are you using the Emby Beta app. The Roku store app is in blackout until January 2nd because of the holidays. We cannot update the Roku store version until then. But we can the Beta. The Beta app already has your issue fixed. Happy Holidays. Thanks for reporting. :)

Thank you for your patience. If you need immediate relief you can always try the beta version of the app. Thanks.

Technically the blackout isn't over yet as Roku runs on Pacific time. Same as me.

But yes it will be fixed. Yes there will be a new release submitted to the store. Yes Roku will eventually publish the new release to their store.

This is why you can use the Beta until such time as Roku publishes the new version. There will also be a new Beta with a slew of fixes. Perhaps that slew of fixes might make the next Roku store version too. This is why I suggest you use the Beta version of the app. This will allow faster bug fixes, feature additions, and issue resolving from our side without having Roku slow down our releases.

• 1 month later...