IPTV Plugin - Crashes on Roku devices

gtaman92

Can you invite me to your server?

username: speechles

I cannot reproduce the issue, but having the app access your server in the same way will let me experience the same issue and see complete debug. To do this your server must be accessible from outside your network. If it is go to your "Users" tab of your dashboard. Click the + and add my username. Limit my access to just where your issue is. Emby will send me an email and let me access your server. Once I have finished fixing your issue feel free to delete my user. Let me know. Thanks. :)

Edited by speechles

Media Sharing Invitation Invalid

We're sorry, but something has gone wrong. The invitation you attempted to accept is no longer valid. Perhaps the requester revoked it or it simply expired. Please contact them to issue a new invitation. 

Thanks,

The Emby Team 

Odd.. but that is what happens when I click the link in the email. Weird stuff. Can you send the invite again please. Thanks. :)

@@speechles, you might be able to reproduce his problem just by setting up the iptv plugin with the same content he's using. if he doesn't want to share the content url publicly, he can send over PM. That might be a good first thing to try before going through the process of connecting to his server.

@@gtaman92

I submitted a fix for IPTV today that addresses two issues: "no streams found to play" and "DRM error". Both of these would previously either cause the app to stall or crash. Now they instead produce an error message in app and return you to the detail screen.

Are you able to share one or two of the problem streams urls with me over PM? I can add these to IPTV myself and attempt to reproduce your issue. Maybe your issue is different. Thanks.

jamesthomas

Hi, The roku app was working fine until yesterday night before I went to sleep

I woke up and realized IPTV plugin got updated 

Now IPTV plugin is crashing on ROKU.

Log attached

jamesthomas

@@gtaman92

I submitted a fix for IPTV today that addresses two issues: "no streams found to play" and "DRM error". Both of these would previously either cause the app to stall or crash. Now they instead produce an error message in app and return you to the detail screen.

Are you able to share one or two of the problem streams urls with me over PM? I can add these to IPTV myself and attempt to reproduce your issue. Maybe your issue is different. Thanks.

Just saw this post now. I am having the same issue as well. Please help.

jamesthomas

Hi.  Can you tell us exactly what is happening?

How to Report a Problem

Yes  I am using IPTV Plugin to stream M3U8 URL in EMBY

IPTV plugin was working fine until yesterday in ROKU.

Today when i try to stream the URL its crashing on emby app and going back to home screen without streaming ( i tried all other devices like IPHONE smart TV its working fine )

Please check this.

I am using Roku Stick & Tried with all roku and it wont work.

I have attached a video of the error along side with my m3u8 link

Please check

video.zip

m3u8link.txt

jamesthomas

@@jamesthomas does it play in the web app?

Yes sir, It does indeed ( screenshot attached).

This just suddenly happend over night. 

i tried install beta versions too it wont work.

Have you made any updates to EMBY ROKU APP yesterday?

If its server issue it could try completely wiping emby from server and installing again. ( if you can guide me how )

Edited by jamesthomas

Very curious why this is happening. Also why it just happens with IPTV. This is not what is supposed to happen. Please supply as much information as you can. Steps we would take to reproduce and the information requested above. We want to solve this just as much as you want it solved. Thanks.

jamesthomas

Very curious why this is happening. Also why it just happens with IPTV. This is not what is supposed to happen. Please supply as much information as you can. Steps we would take to reproduce and the information requested above. We want to solve this just as much as you want it solved. Thanks.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66755-iptv-plugin-crash-on-roku/

Please take a look at this its my post and i can provide you everything

jamesthomas

and yes its happening to roku devices only Smart tv works fine, apple tv works fine, Android TV works fine & Mobile devices like iphone works fine

@@jamesthomas

Player error.  Error Code: -4 Message: No streams were provided for playback.
[VideoPlayer] *** FATAL ERROR  0 ABORTING

We have already fixed this issue. Are you using the Emby Beta app. The Roku store app is in blackout until January 2nd because of the holidays. We cannot update the Roku store version until then. But we can the Beta. The Beta app already has your issue fixed. Happy Holidays. Thanks for reporting. :)

Edited by speechles

jamesthomas

@@jamesthomas

We have already fixed this issue. Are you using the Emby Beta app. The Roku store app is in blackout until January 2nd because of the holidays. We cannot update the Roku store version until then. But we can the Beta. The Beta app already has your issue fixed. Happy Holidays. Thanks for reporting. :)

Will try the beta app and let you know asap.

jamesthomas

@@jamesthomas

Sorry the beta version Doesnt fix the issue at all.

I have deleted the orginal emby and tried to play again it doesnt work.

Same issue.

What is the IPTV stream? Is it public and shareable?