Support for Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe?

directxbear

directxbear

Greetings,

I have been using your plugin for Windows Media Center for years and really like it. I'd like to move off MCE altogether and upgrade the computer I am using for this to Windows 10. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe card and I'm pretty sure I can get drivers installed and working. My question is, will Emby Premiere work with my tuner card so I can continue to view TV (with guide) and a ripped DVD collection. 

Thanks,

Bear

Hi.  We do not support that card directly but one of the other DVR systems we integrate with (like NextPVR) may.

SHSPVR

Greetings,

I have been using your plugin for Windows Media Center for years and really like it. I'd like to move off MCE altogether and upgrade the computer I am using for this to Windows 10. I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe card and I'm pretty sure I can get drivers installed and working. My question is, will Emby Premiere work with my tuner card so I can continue to view TV (with guide) and a ripped DVD collection. 

Thanks,

Bear

Far I know you only have few option with card and they are SageTV+OpenDCT, NextPVR and MythTV 

• 2 weeks later...
easperhe

All, DirectxBear,

Any progress on getting Emby to work with Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe card? I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I've been using SageTV with Ceton for many years. Thinking of upgrading to Emby but support for Ceton is a critical component.

Greetings,

Thanks,

Bear

If you're running Windows you can use next pvr along with the next pvr plugin for emby, and that will allow you to use your ceton.

• 8 months later...
directxbear

Hi All, 

I thought I'd check in with an update... 

I finally dumped WMC after all these years. Win7 end of life is quickly approaching and it just seemed like the right time. So I flattened my media comp and installed Win10 and then got emby server up and running. I then ripped my whole library to mp4 and started using the emby theater app. I gotta say, it is pretty cool! I had only ever seen it through MCE. I also tried the emby app on my fire tv and that worked well too. I just pre-ordered the new roku ultra and I'm looking forward to seeing how my library looks through via the emby app. 

So, coming around full circle here, the only piece I haven't worked out yet is TV and since I have a Ceton card that I'm not ready to toss in the garbage can just yet, I guess I'll give the NextPVR a go. Has anyone had success with this? I would think that the Ceton Win8 drivers should work ok. Anyways, thanks for a really cool platform! I had no idea what all you could do with emby until I got off MCE.

Thanks,

Bear

• 4 months later...
st0rmcat

I still have a Ceton device, too, and wanted to move on from WMC.  I couldn't find many options to use it with modern software, so I made my own app that makes it look like an HDHomeRun to other software.  I personally use it with NextPVR v5 because it has a Kodi PVR plugin, but I am told it works well with Emby.  It's free, so I'm not looking to make money or anything, but I know how frustrating it is to have working hardware and no way to use it, so hopefully I can help others.

It's available at https://github.com/craigmox/cetonproxy

jachin99

Wow thats really cool but does it still require ceton software to work with infinitv etch devices? I have a ceton 6 eth just sitting there collecting dust bit if I can put it to work I'd be pretty happy.

• 3 months later...
jriker1

so I made my own app that makes it look like an HDHomeRun to other software.

Any idea if someone is still using WMC and the tuner in it's computer InfiniTV PCIe4 if it can allow the tuner to be used by Emby?  So keep doing your thing with recording on WMC and watching thru XBox 360 devices, but let another device use these also.  Not sure if or how you would allocate X number of tuners to one device or another or if they just share until they are all used.  Wanted to test things before committing.  Still need to understand how Emby works with tuners like is it direct to the client when doing live TV, is it routed thru the server all the time.  I'm using an NVidia Shield for my client and Window Server for Emby Server.  Also have Emby "client?" running on my WMC computer for my current XBox 360 setup.

Edited by jriker1