Can not find emby server

SE56

I have been trying to find my Server via the Emby LG app, manually or select server. But can not be found.

It's strange that Plex works fine without issue, I'm just here testing the waters for a possible migration.

WebOS 1.4 on 2014 UHD LG TV

MacOS 10.14.2

Emby Server version : 3.5.3

Download the app from LG store without issue, used the link process several times, logged into Emby.

Look forward to any suggestions

Hi, what if you try to connect manually by entering the server ip address into the LG app?

Same result manual, can not connect. Real odd, plex works fine same server IP different port obviously.

rbjtech

I'm not familiar with MAC's but presumably they have an OS firewall - are you sure the Emby server Port (TCP 8096) is open for incoming & outgoing connections ? 

if Plex works, then we know the IP layer is fine and must be a port based problem.

I'm not familiar with MAC's but presumably they have an OS firewall - are you sure the Emby server Port (TCP 8096) is open for incoming & outgoing connections ? 

if Plex works, then we know the IP layer is fine and must be a port based problem.

Yes I had come to the same conclusion but the port is definitely open, i have now tried the Ios app with the same result "Connection failure" we were unable to connect to the selected server. Please ensure it is running and try again. Firewall is set correct.

What's odd connection portal has offered up the Server I'm trying to connect to with a Server named Icon.

Edited by SE56

I have now tried a Ipad and a LG TV both show the server name but will not connect. Firewall connections allowed. Something odd going on, restarted all network devices with no good result. Plex works fine on all devices.

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know exactly which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

I'm having a similar issue.  I cannot connect to localhost via my Amazon Fire TV or web browser on the same network.  I'm able to connect via Plex (but only indirect) and whats odd is all of my ports are timing out when I got to the site you recommended, http://www.canyouseeme.org ? However if I open a browser on the Windows machine that is running the emby server, port 8096 works fine, just not 8920.  Please assist, thanks.

I have Arris router from Spectrum and setup port 8096 and 8920 (both UDP and TCP). Also added a rule on Windows firewall for same ports, TCP only

I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know exactly which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

I have done this right from the start. It's clear from you UI to check that out. I can not connect with your server for MacOS from any client in my home. To me it is not Mojave friendly. I must say a true disappointment, DOA. Plex works fine, my visit was a evaluation due to debate in Plex forums of Plex verses Emby. Sad to say I'm concerned  for Mac users. Can any way offer some real assistance in resolving this odd behaviour.

Finally worked out what was going on with Emby app connections. In System Preferences/Security & Privacy settings/ Firewall/ must have (Automatically allow built-in software to receive incoming connections) must be checked when installing.

So in short I uninstalled and re installed and it worked straight up. I do remember an article I read about these Firewall settings and it suggested turning all of them off, this was a curve ball event. It may protect you with unwanted malware but can also mess with you in other ways.

Edited by SE56

Thanks for the feedback !

No worries, to add to my testing with a LG smart TV  WebOS 1.4. The TV app seems very slow compared to Plex app Version 1. Also is there a way to mark a Title Played or Watched as mkv files tend not to respond to FF that well. Another issue that has appeared is the caching issues with VPN use. Meaning post use the only way for apps to connect again is a restart of server. Sad to say this issue is not a problem with Plex in fact I can watch on Ios devices and LG devices with VPN active without any configuration. Sub titlies are checked as not required but still show, not sure what the issue is here though maybe a setting at server level.

The Ui options I really like, great tailor settings. Wish the app was a bit more polished with above issues especially UI loading times.  Will continue with my evaluation and comparison for my user case.

Edited by SE56