Any documentation about how to configure the DVR?

eraser8

eraser8

Hi Guys. I did do some research on the forum but have not been able to find what I wanted. I run an HDHomerun external tuner (which works awesome btw). I have a HTPC with WMC that record many live tv show in a directory stored on its HDD (HTPC). I shared the directory and configure it in EMBY to have acces to my recording. It works!! But the problem I have is I would like very much if the same show could be grouped in emby. Is there a way to do that?

If this is explained in a documentation, please just let me know where I can find it.

Thanks

BAlGaInTl

Hi Guys. I did do some research on the forum but have not been able to find what I wanted. I run an HDHomerun external tuner (which works awesome btw). I have a HTPC with WMC that record many live tv show in a directory stored on its HDD (HTPC). I shared the directory and configure it in EMBY to have acces to my recording. It works!! But the problem I have is I would like very much if the same show could be grouped in emby. Is there a way to do that?

If this is explained in a documentation, please just let me know where I can find it.

Thanks

To do this, you would name the TV series and group them in folders.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV-naming

Are you married to using WMC?  Emby server supports the HDHomerun and many of the same features as WMC directly and will automatically group and name everything for you right on the server.

eraser8

To do this, you would name the TV series and group them in folders.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV-naming

Are you married to using WMC?  Emby server supports the HDHomerun and many of the same features as WMC directly and will automatically group and name everything for you right on the server.

Thanks for info, I'll take a look at this. to answer your question, I just reinstall a fresh new HTPC with WMC with windows 10. It works flawlessly for Live TV (which is about 90% of my use) The big lag for channel shifting in EMBY is a real stopper for me. At least for now. It is better now by using HDHomerun than before when I was using a 2250 internal card but there is too much lag for me at this time. WMC change channel in about maximum 1sec while Emby need a 4-5 seconds sometime.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll dig in that.

BAlGaInTl

Thanks for info, I'll take a look at this. to answer your question, I just reinstall a fresh new HTPC with WMC with windows 10. It works flawlessly for Live TV (which is about 90% of my use) The big lag for channel shifting in EMBY is a real stopper for me. At least for now. It is better now by using HDHomerun than before when I was using a 2250 internal card but there is too much lag for me at this time. WMC change channel in about maximum 1sec while Emby need a 4-5 seconds sometime.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll dig in that.

Ah yes, the delay.  That's a real thing depending on the app that you are using.  As @@Luke said, Theater is quick.  I don't watch much actual "live" tv anymore, so it doesn't bother me. I only have OTA, so I pretty much know what it is that I want to watch and tune right to it.

Could you possibly use WMC for watching live it it bothers you that much, and Emby as your DVR?

eraser8

Thanks for your comments, Yes, I just retest theater and I must admit that it is really more quick than before. I'll check carfully if the switch from WMC to Theater could be done for me. I must admit that I pretty much love the browsing and smootness of WMC. 

Thanks for bring me up the fact that Theater is faster than before!!

eraser8

Hi Luke,

I did try the Theater on my HTPC. Here is my thought:

- Much much better speed for live tv channel reading. It fire up between 1.5 and 2 seconds

- When I click on live TV icon, the next screen is focused on "Programs" but there is nothing focused in the screen, so, the use of arrow doesn't do anything and I cannot browse Live TV. Only with mouse....

- In General, I must admit that I find WMC browsing a little bit more convivial to my eyes. I really don't say that theater is not good. Just one example, when I click on the channel logo in guide, in WMC it start the channel right now. But in Theater, It popup another screen and I need to click on play..... These are pretty much personnal feeling. Plus, I must admit that the photo screensaver in WMC is a really good feature that my wife love!

So, for now, I think I will stick with WMC and we'll see later with theater evolution. 

BTW, I must admit that the time to start playing a channel is pretty much the same between WMC and Theater using my HD HOMERUN. Good job guys!!!

When I click on live TV icon, the next screen is focused on "Programs" but there is nothing focused in the screen, so, the use of arrow doesn't do anything and I cannot browse Live TV. Only with mouse....

Was there anything available to focus?

eraser8

Was there anything available to focus?

Hi Luke, the screen I was talking is the one following the Live Tv option. In the upper section, I have "Programs", "Guide", "Channels", "Recordings"..... 

The name "Programs" is highlighted but only in White color (not green). So, even if I press my arrows and/or OK button, there is nothing moving.  I need to use a mouse.

Thanks 

eraser8

Did you switch to desktop layout mode?

Hi Luke,

Not sure what you mean about desktop mode, but I suspect it is because I don't have any item to list under "Programs". So, when the Live Tv page is loading, I suspect the focus to be set automatically on the first item listed under "programs" section. But for me, since I don't have any items here, the focus is set ... I don't know where in fact.... :) Maybe you should check if there is an item in the list before setting the focus? if not, just set it in the menu above (suggestion)

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, and I just saw in Parameter-->display-->display mode:   Auto

I just try it forcing the "TV" mode but it do the same thing

Edited by eraser8