How to setup Emby Server on NVidia Shield

Plastikfan

Nisten

Might be something they add in the future but for now you could try the lowest tiered subscription and if it doesn't fulfill your requirements then be sure to cancel it before it renews

Spaceboy

Disappointing. I'm looking for a worthy package to subscribe to but obviously wish to check it fills my requirements & works well with my hardware before forking out my money. Even just a 3 day trial would be sufficient. Hope the Devs change their mind regarding trials in the near future.

you don’t consider spending $5 to get you a months trial to be reasonable?

sparkypete77

you don’t consider spending $5 to get you a months trial to be reasonable?

Obviously not. If a product is good & does what it claims, people will want to continue using it & be willing to pay. I'm not going to pay first only to discover it's not what I'm after. Even though I have spent more than $5 in time just by replying to you. Not offering a trial to me indicates a lack of confidence in the product. The business model seems to be sales based on fanbois kicking it along through forums rather than on it's own merits. Greatly assisted by plex seemingly attempting to destroy their own product. If EMBY is good, a trial will boost genuine sales rather than people feeling disappointed & ripped off if it's not for them.

Obviously not. If a product is good & does what it claims, people will want to continue using it & be willing to pay. I'm not going to pay first only to discover it's not what I'm after. Even though I have spent more than $5 in time just by replying to you. Not offering a trial to me indicates a lack of confidence in the product. The business model seems to be sales based on fanbois kicking it along through forums rather than on it's own merits. Greatly assisted by plex seemingly attempting to destroy their own product. If EMBY is good, a trial will boost genuine sales rather than people feeling disappointed & ripped off if it's not for them.

Hi.  The lack of a trial for this feature is simply a technical hurdle we haven't had time to address to this point.  If you try Premiere and it allow us to help you with any initial issues and still decide it isn't for you within the first week, we will refund it for you.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

[emoji3] a slightly more vitriolic answer than I expected to what was a genuine question. First and last time I’ll be called an emby fanboi too I reckon.

I predominately use emby for live tv and it’s definitely worth a usd5 trial

sparkypete77

Hi.  The lack of a trial for this feature is simply a technical hurdle we haven't had time to address to this point.  If you try Premiere and it allow us to help you with any initial issues and still decide it isn't for you within the first week, we will refund it for you.

Thanks.

Thanks ebr. Sounds fair to me. I want my server to be on my shield only. Is it too soon to be asking how far away a stable shield/android tv server is?