Simple way to allow specific series for user

I'm looking for a way to create a new user, e.g. "kid", and only "white-list" a few TV shows and a movie or two.

After searching for similar questions, the most relevant existing answer is this:

You would need to arrange your items into different folders at the same level and then setup the library pointing to those folders.  e.g.:

TV\Our shows

TV\Her shows

TV\His shows

Then point the library to all three of those and give access accordingly.

Or, you could use tags with the Parental Controls feature to just block individual shows.

However, in the first case you need to physically re-order things on your storage, and keep consciously doing that. It gets even harder when you have multiple users (e.g. "his", "hers", "kid") and some items are available for a subset of them.

In the second case you need to tag everything and keep tagging everything new, just so you can allow two TV Shows by not tagging them. This also gets complex with multiple users, because you have to tag everything with a blacklist-tag for every user so you can untag them for certain users without affecting the other user.

I don't know what is the history of this functionality and if the way it's set up is due to technical limitations, so please forgive me if this question sounds ignorant:

Wouldn't it be orders of magnitude easier if we could whitelist a specific tag (e.g. in parental controls) for a user, rather than blacklisting everything else?
Edited by Redsandro

mastrmind11

Wouldn't it be orders of magnitude easier if we could whitelist a specific tag (e.g. in parental controls) for a user, rather than blacklisting everything else?

yeah this has been a feature request for some time now.

yeah this has been a feature request for some time now.

I hadn't found it before I posted. Do you happen to know if there's a thread or issue that I can track?

mastrmind11

I hadn't found it before I posted. Do you happen to know if there's a thread or issue that I can track?

There's definitely a FR thread.  I'd have to search for it.  Doubt  there's an issue to track, though.