Coming from Plex can't remote :(

nando99
Go to solution Solved by hexluther,

As the title says, I'm coming from Plex, thinking of switching but I cannot for the life of me figure out why its not letting me remote in externally... 

I've gone through https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Connectivity 

• I'm on xfinity
  • I've forwarded port 8096 TCP for both ipv4 AND ipv6 (canyouseeme.org SUCCESS)
  • I've allowed inbound/outbound on port 8096 TCP windows firewall 
  • Also allowed app access vial windows firewall

I'm not sure what else I can try... 

I have nothing set up for Plex and I can connect with no issue :(

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Edited by nando99

I've tried to add the server after signing to emby.media (using remote url) and get the server cannot be found error.

I've also tried going directly to the remote url and get: internal error - server connection terminated

thanks!

• Solution
hexluther

Windows seems sometimes finicky with FW.  In some cases I would delete the incoming rule (shouldn't need outgoing individually) or rules associated with the program, then choose either program or port scope, not both.  Also, I battled just recently with my pfSense, certain that "it" was having an issue, where a TightVNC rule just wouldn't jive right.  A port scanner (same you used and others) would show open, but, it simply wouldn't reach the host.  Turns out, woops, I placed the wrong destination IP, the one I was certain (for nearly an hour) was "all correct and it has to be this !@#$ pfSense box."   Yeah.. sigh. 

• Like 1

Windows seems sometimes finicky with FW.  In some cases I would delete the incoming rule (shouldn't need outgoing individually) or rules associated with the program, then choose either program or port scope, not both.  Also, I battled just recently with my pfSense, certain that "it" was having an issue, where a TightVNC rule just wouldn't jive right.  A port scanner (same you used and others) would show open, but, it simply wouldn't reach the host.  Turns out, woops, I placed the wrong destination IP, the one I was certain (for nearly an hour) was "all correct and it has to be this !@#$ pfSense box."   Yeah.. sigh.

thanks, I'll try starting over with WF

• 2 weeks later...