Roku Trailer Button Not Showing

STR8
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

Hello All,

I'm new to Emby just installed it 2 days ago but I needed help with trailers so I relied to already opened topic but didn't know if I should create a new one.

So when I log into the Emby server or (Local Host) on my desktop the option to view the trailer for the selected movie is there and works meaning it plays the trailer when clicked. The Trailer button on the Emby Server is the second button listed after the play button buttons are in this order - Play, Trailer, Delete, (check/watched), (heart/favorite), and the 3 dots please see the attachment named: Trailer Button On Emby Server to see

(Also on the Emby server or Local Host there is a trailer for every Movie and TV Show that was added to the Media Library Added to Emby please see attachments) 

But then when I go into my Emby app on my TV (via Roku all new just bought this year), there isn't a trailer button to play the trailer for that selected Movie or TV Show when you go to watch a Movie or TV Show. (the Trailer button does not appear).

I would also like to know how to set up my media library trailers to randomly play before a movie I select to watch... not referring to the paid version with the plugin just the  please see settings attachment would like it to play all watched and unwatched.

I hope this was explained correctly and I thank you for your help in advance... and I hope to hear back from someone soon.

post-392507-0-35313000-1544730432_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-10509400-1544730439_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-56294500-1544730448_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-52086000-1544730459_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-10137300-1544730473_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-41106400-1544730483_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-96663300-1544730488_thumb.jpg

• Solution

The web client is using a YouTube Trailer link.

On the Roku it is against the TOS to play YouTube links in anything other than their YouTube app. The web app can do it because YouTube provides an API to embed their video into the player. This same isn't true for Roku. There is no way to play YouTube trailers within the Emby app without violating their terms of service.

You can get your own trailers and place them with your media. The app does recognize local trailers just fine. To get internet trailers requires premium membership.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I am not sure I agree.   For years I have had Emby Roku and have been able to play trailers through the client.  As well as theme music.  About a year ago this stopped.  We didn't really pay attention, but once in a while we want to see the trailer before we watch a movie.  Especially when we have company.

Something has changed.

Can't get trailers on Roku at all now.

Can this be resolved?

I am not sure I agree.   For years I have had Emby Roku and have been able to play trailers through the client.  As well as theme music.  About a year ago this stopped.  We didn't really pay attention, but once in a while we want to see the trailer before we watch a movie.  Especially when we have company.

Something has changed.

Can't get trailers on Roku at all now.

Can this be resolved?

Yes, obtain local trailers for your content.

Thanks.

• 4 years later...
SystemAdmin

is there a trailer plugin to download and sort them automatically?

On 3/3/2024 at 10:03 AM, SystemAdmin said:

is there a trailer plugin to download and sort them automatically?

Hi, the developer of this plugin: 

Has a trailer plugin that is not listed in the catalog. Try sending him a private message about it.