• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 DJRumpy OFFLINE  

DJRumpy

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thank you : ) I almost toggled it last night but usually leave it on auto. I haven’t tested it yet but will when I get back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5431 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

Thank you : ) I almost toggled it last night but usually leave it on auto. I haven’t tested it yet but will when I get back home.

Here is a little more information on the issue.

Topic: Roku OS 9 / Dolby fail?

Thread: https://forums.roku....p?f=28&t=138026

#23 DJRumpy OFFLINE  

DJRumpy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:08 PM

That was the issue. I changed the setting and it works now regardless. I did go ahead and also create a custom profile just for grins but the default profile worked fine as well.

One last question? Are there any smart list plugins available? A few hours of searching yesterday yielded only Kodi plugins.

#24 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5431 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

That was the issue. I changed the setting and it works now regardless. I did go ahead and also create a custom profile just for grins but the default profile worked fine as well.

One last question? Are there any smart list plugins available? A few hours of searching yesterday yielded only Kodi plugins.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad the issue is now solved. Roku sometimes makes mistakes and we get the complaints. It isn't our fault. We do everything in our power to keep your happy.

There is an IPTV plugin in the Emby catalog. I don't know exactly what a smart list is so maybe this isn't what you meant?

Edited by speechles, 16 December 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#25 DJRumpy OFFLINE  

DJRumpy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

No, I'm just looking for one that will allow me to combine genre's or other movie data into smart playlists. For example, tell it to add all movies from the 1970's that are either horror or sci-fi to the smart list. Generated dynamically. I did find a nice plugin that auto-cleans the genres so you don't end up with 15 different types of action genres..lol, but not one that will just let you build a list dynamically based on existing metadata.

Also, no worries on the sound issue. I'm just glad it's resolved, and it solved a similar issue with a client that wasn't choosing the right audio either. This server software has a ton of potential.

Edited by DJRumpy, 16 December 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#26 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5431 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

https://emby.media/c...mart-playlists/

You want to click that url above and add your 2 cents and bump it to the top. This will encourage others to promote it. By liking the first post of these feature requests threads will cause the counter next to that thread to grow. This shows how many users will want the feature too. You want to like the first post of this url above. I also liked the same thing because now that I know what smart playlists are I want them too.. lol

#27 DJRumpy OFFLINE  

DJRumpy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

Done ;) Here's hoping the newest version comes with this included. Even a plugin would be great. Either way it's all gravy...

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 AM

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

We'll have a fix for this so that you don't have to rename your m4v to mp4. Thanks.

#29 DJRumpy OFFLINE  

DJRumpy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

Thank you. You guys are great!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp4, m4v, ac3, 5.1, direct play, directplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users