Moving Cache Folder

lavasurfer

lavasurfer

I have a new UnRAID setup that I'm trying to fine tune.  I currently have my cache and transcoding temp folders setup to use the cache drive, but when the mover runs that info is moved to the array.  I posted up that I have having some pretty serious performance issues while navigating around in the menus, and after setting the docker containers, and app data to the "prefer" setting and keeping them on the SSD cache that cleared up about 95% of my performance issues.  I'm thinking now I need to get the Emby cache off of the array and keep it on the SSD.  

If I go into the settings and move the cache to a new share that is always kept on the cache drive will Emby move all of the information to the new folder or will it only create new metadata in that folder and use the info in the old folder until it is updated and then stored in the new folder? 

What would be the best way to accomplish getting all of the cache into a new folder if Emby doesn't move it by simply changing the folder in settings?

Are there any other settings in Emby that I should look for and map a specific folder to the SSD cache to boost performance?

Shut down Emby.

Create the folder location on your SSD.

Move the contents off the array location into the folder just created.

Re-load Emby.

Change the folder location in the Emby settings to the location just created.

Restart Emby Server.

Refresh your Library.

Last two steps may not really be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

No, the cache folder contents can be deleted at anytime and the server will be able to recover from that. Thanks.