Diamond Theme

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

Hi.

I have Emby for WMC installed in a number of PCs, and have always in the past preferred to install and configure the application with the Diamond Theme plugin.

I see that the Diamond Theme plugin is no longer available from the plugin catalogue. Is there some way to retrieve that plugin/Theme from a working installation of Emby for WMC?

TIA

• Like 1

Don't know about the Diamond theme but I am making a plug here for Throgsoft themes for WMC. Have used them since Media Browser and he has modified them to work with Emby for WMC. I know it may cost but he actively supports them here and that is worth peace of mind that you buy for the fee.

raymondjpg

The money is not all that important. I like the Diamond Theme. Taking it out of the plugin catalogue is not going to encourage me to try the Throgsoft themes to see if any of them approximate what I have with the Diamond theme in all my Windows 7 installations.

Even though it might no longer be supported, it still seems to be fully functional. I would appreciate it if it could be restored to the plugin catalogue.

TIA

Very sorry but, without someone to stand behind it, we cannot present it as a sanctioned Emby option.

Thanks.

Don't know if the restore will ever happen but most likely NO as the WMC users are in a vast minority. Search the forum for screen shots of Throg's themes. I have used all the themes that were available since Media browser 2.6 including Diamond but functionally and display of details NO theme would beat Throg's.

What in particular is important to you in the WMC themes?

jachin99

Very sorry but, without someone to stand behind it, we cannot present it as a sanctioned Emby option.

Thanks.

What about an unsanctiones or manual plugin?

• 3 weeks later...
throgmorton

I took a look through my old Win7 machine and managed to find an old download of the MB 2.6.1 source code which did contain the Diamond Theme.  I managed to recompile it against Emby and it seems to launch properly although I only briefly looked at it so I have no idea if there are problems within this version.  It could very well be that parts of it are broken but I will post it it here.

throgmorton

No I don't, it was lucky I could even give you that one.  Diamond was the only theme that was checked in with the rest of MB 2.6 which is the reason I have it and could compile it.  I only used my own themes so I never downloaded DLLs of other plugins/themes.

There have been changes to Emby for WMC which may not work with the Diamond theme provided as it is for MB 2.6, so its possible certain features don't work or will crash, in which case you are out of luck as I am not supporting this theme as it belongs to Soultaker.

Anyways good luck looking for others as I believe most people have moved on from MB 2.6, and for that matter WMC.  I will continue to support my themes under WMC until either Emby refuses to support the platform or Microsoft sneaks some update past me breaking everything.

Currently I don't see much added value in spending the time and effort to move to Emby Theatre, but that could change in the future.  I haven't seen anyone else take up the mantle for developing themes (only skins) on Theatre which is disappointing and worries me that in may be more difficult than I'd hoped it would be to migrate over.

raymondjpg

If someone out there has a working dll for Diamond they can post it here or PM you a link to it.

Thanks for the offer. I found the diamond dll in a working installation of Emby for WMC, and worked out how to add it and the diamond config files to my new installation of Emby for WMC. If anyone wants these files I have posted them here.

Diamond Plugin and Config Files.7z

jachin99

Thanks for the offer. I found the diamond dll in a working installation of Emby for WMC, and worked out how to add it and the diamond config files to my new installation of Emby for WMC. If anyone wants these files I have posted them here.

Do you have any more theme files or plugins?