Cannot get Alexa to see a Qnap Server

TroyBennett

TroyBennett

I've tried and failed on several occasions to get this link to work. Alexa cannot see my Qnap Server.

At first it did see a windows server that I used to use, but that server is no more....

I've since deleted that server name when I sign in under that user hoping that it would then notice my Qnap server...however that wasn't

the case

I've went into my users account on the server and deleted my Emby Connect name, saved, retyped it in, saved again

but that didn't work either when I tried to connect to the Qnap server

So all I see when I try to link Emby with Alexa after I type in my Emby Connect Username & Password is a blank where

the server should be...

Any help is appreciated

by the way I'm currently using the lastest version of Qnap beta server 3.6.0.76.

Im not even sure if Qnap servers are supported in with Alexa either

Thank You

Troy

Angelblue05

You need to redo the account linking.

Open the Alexa app > Skills > Emby home > Disable, then Enable. This will unlink and erased the cached server info..

http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards

Then complete the account linking process again, so it can get your latest server info.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Alexa#amazon-alexa-account-linking

Edited by Angelblue05

TroyBennett

I when to the link you provided and disabled the skill, then enabled it again...it took to the web site where I enter my Emby Connect credentials

Then I wasn't sure if you meant for me to renter the credentials right then or first do the account linking as part of your second link.

So first I tried to enter my credentials and same thing happened...couldn't link it up because no server was showing up...so then i done the

same procedure again only I didn't try to link up my account (as the first time it did no good) only I done the account linking process again...

deleted my username from the Emby Connect username or email address field, saved, then entered it again, saved it.

then went back to linking the account up and, again, no server information shows up.

TroyBennett

I Just got it linked up...I had to log in to the server and I had a few Invitations 2 from previous servers i used, and one the my current server I'm using...I just had to accept that invitation and then everything worked fine from there...

• Like 1