Auto organize issues

Vidman

Vidman

The first issue is that the link in the Android mobile app is not working to take you to the auto organize page (Android app version 3.0.21)

The other issue is that if replacing an existing media file with a different version with a different file extension auto organize will rename the new file with the same name... Including changing the file name extension. Is this expected behavior?

Edited by Vidman

Hi, the first issue will be resolved as soon as the 3.6 server goes stable and you have that update. The app is just a little ahead of your server right now and that's causing some incompatibilities with some plugin config screens.

So are you saying the rename is getting the wrong file extension?

Vidman

Hi, the first issue will be resolved as soon as the 3.6 server goes stable and you have that update. The app is just a little ahead of your server right now and that's causing some incompatibilities with some plugin config screens.

So are you saying the rename is getting the wrong file extension?

For example if there is already a media item called somename.mp4 and a downloaded file named somename.dvdrip.ac3.mkv and then auto organize is run on somename.dvdrip.ac3.mkv and it's identified it as the media item somename.mp4 then somename.dvdrip.ac3.mkv will be moved and renamed as somename.mp4 even though it is a mkv file. I hope this makes sense Edited by Vidman

ginjaninja

i have not seen ao change the extension (i use move rather than copy in AO)

what i have seen which does not seem entirely right (and may be related to this issue)  is if eg s01e01.mp4 is present in library and i put S01E01.mkv in the AO folder, the AO will still move the the file in along side the original .mp4 in the library. (even though i have "overwrite existing episodes" UNTICKED).

yes technically it has not overwritten the file but the end result is 'off'.

Vidman

i have not seen ao change the extension (i use move rather than copy in AO)

what i have seen which does not seem entirely right (and may be related to this issue) is if eg s01e01.mp4 is present in library and i put S01E01.mkv in the AO folder, the AO will still move the the file in along side the original .mp4 in the library. (even though i have "overwrite existing episodes" UNTICKED).

yes technically it has not overwritten the file but the end result is 'off'.

I use move in AO also. Do you use AO to move movies as well as TV shows? I noticed this issue when organizing movies @@ginjaninja

• 1 month later...
Vidman

The process I used was to scan with AO and the items are listed in red, I select the folder icon on the right of the item and select "movie" then in the next screen I choose the movie I already have in my library in the drop-down. The new item is then renamed the exact same name - including the extension - as the original item existing in my library