Live TV

paulsavo

paulsavo

to be honest the galaxy was just to rule out a hardware issue its more my shield tv but the same was happening, i can post logs but just in work at min.

i do have adb access but you will have to explain exactly what i need to do thanks

the setup is that i have an app installed called smoothproxy, i input all my details of the iptv into this and then i put the url htt://127.0.0.1:8888/playlist.m3u8 into a player ie Perfect Player, Plex, Emby ect

this has all worked with no issues for months but just since i started this topic emby has had issues.

It is obviously still finding the channels as even when i do a fresh install it captures them and epg, but it does not seem to connect to play anymore or if it does its not transcoding or something..

By the way @@softworkz i really appreciate the time and effort you are giving this

thanks

Thanks for the feedback!

What is odd in your case is that neither ffprobe nor ffmpeg seem to get anything from those proxy urls.

ffmpeg shuts down so quickly that we can't even see the full log output.

Unfortunately I just checked and noticed that with a normal installation you don't have permission for the folder containing ffmpeg. Not even from an adb shell.

So we can't run it manually. Also, there are no url fetching tools on Android like curl or wget. 

You see, what I'd like to accomplish as a first step is to find out what both ffprobe and ffmpeg are receiving when trying to connect to that localhost url. 

The fact that ffmpeg is exiting so early is a strong indication that there's might be a http connection error.

If you say that you get the same error on the Shield, let's continue this on the Shield.

What did you say was the last version where it's been working?