Live TV

paulsavo

paulsavo

I have done fresh install but now cant get any live channels to play at all, in the past all i had to do was input playlist url and epg url and everything just played but have put server on both shield tv and samsung s9 but nothing is playing,can someone please help me

Log (2).txt

Log (4).txt

Log (3).txt

paulsavo

Thanks, if you could please attach the server log from the latest, that would be helpful. Thank you.

Luke can you please have a look at the logs, it seems to me that emby is not direct playing, in the past this was not the case but it now wants to transcode i dont know why this is doing this as for 6 months never had this issue, i have been able to get streams playing using ffmpeg in termux but this is not feasible all the time

thanks

paulsavo

Folks can someone help me here please, not been able use emby for 4 days now, only reason buy subscription is for the live tv and dvr functions

Hi.  We're sorry for the slow response but the Android version of the server is only in beta.  If you need a reliable production environment, I suggest you install the release version on one of the supported platforms.

Thanks.

• Like 1

paulsavo

Hi. We're sorry for the slow response but the Android version of the server is only in beta. If you need a reliable production environment, I suggest you install the release version on one of the supported platforms.

Thanks.

Sorry but this is not specific to android, i have tried on windows also, up until a few days ago i have been using same setup for about 6 months, but now live tv will not play, so can someone please have a look at the logs

Sorry but this is not specific to android, i have tried on windows also, up until a few days ago i have been using same setup for about 6 months, but now live tv will not play, so can someone please have a look at the logs

The logs I saw were running the beta server.

You have logs from 3.5.3 on some other platform?

I'm afraid, I don't quite understand yet. 
6 Months ago, there didn't exist an Emby Server for Android version.

Emby Server tries to access the url http://127.0.0.1:8888 which is pointing to the Android device itself. So what app is running on the Galaxy that is operating on port 8888?

In cause you aren't aware: The ip address 127.0.0.1 is the "local loop" address. It can only be used on a device to access itself. You cannot use this to access one device from another device.

He said it's working in a browser, but it seems likely that he ignored that I wrote "browser on the Galaxy phone" and it seems unlikely that he has installed a live tv service on his Galaxy from which he can say that it has been running fine for 6 months.

At our side, I think we could improve detection a bit. All streams had failed probing before - which we were ignoring. Sure, sometimes we need to ignore probing failures, but maybe we can identify the cases that are failing simply because we can't connect to the stream..?

Edited by softworkz

paulsavo

hi maybe i have not explained properly but i have the emby server installed on my shield tv but as it was not working i also installed on my galaxy as well to see if it was a hardware issue

on both instances i can open a browser on the device and the streams will play on that specific device but they will not play on emby.

i am maybe off a bit with the 6 month but basically it has worked since emby server was available but has now stopped

i understand the 127.0.0.1 is just another way of using localhost and can only be accessed on the same device, but the streams are simply not playing at all through emby.

i can provide you more logs of required..

the fruit is that this was flawless for me and i even wrote a guide in my specific iptv forum recommending emby, in May.. see below

KODI/Plex/ROKU/VLC/AppleTV / Emby

« by paul.savo on May 24, 2018, 10:11:47 AM »

...... folks just wanted to let you all know about emby, i know someone posted a few weeks back about ............ shield to pick it up on kodi/nextpvr or plex. Emby allows this with the premium service. I ............ emby server on shield tv, it is just an app like any ............ urls for it on the server Then on the actual emby app i have full live tv with guide and dvr ............ link ect, it can be accessed from any other emby app even remotely, it is easy to configure and ............ no ffmpeg like plex as emby does all transcoding itself i know there are ............ you need to renew the proxy every few hours but emby premium allows a full 5 days of info and i have ............ time as i have setup my sbield to autoboot with emby server and smoothproxy so as soon as i turn it on ......

For further investigation: do you have shell access to the device?

(e.g. via adb?)

If the answer is yes: Could you try to manually execute the command line from one of the ffmpeg logs directly from the shell?

Edited by softworkz