.bif file generation question

CortopassiLee

CortopassiLee

Coming from Plex again here... I installed the plugin and it ran for 21 hours and did .bif's for everything I have checked in my library.

What I have not seen is .bif generation for 4 test recordings I did last night (now 12+ hours later).  See my settings in the clip below.  I assumed "create thumbnails when videos are discovered" would have triggered when the new recordings finished and been available shortly thereafter.

This is how Plex seems to do it, and thumbnails are generally already completed for Roku within minutes after the show has finished recording.

Is this not expected behavior?  I see there is a trigger section for scheduled tasks, but did not see an "If new video is added" type of trigger.

Thanks.

post-20074-0-73967400-1544645036_thumb.jpg

CortopassiLee

I will try it and respond, but that doesn't solve the underlying issue of wanting it to happen automatically as a show is completed.  Thanks.

CortopassiLee

Luke,

1) I recorded Bob Newhart at 3PM, waited until 4PM to try and play.  

2) Starts fine on Roku.  Try to FF, and there seems to have been one thumbnail image created, see below.  Roku will NOT let me FF at all in this scenario.  I tried restarting Roku and the Emby server, same thing.  I can FF on any other already processed videos, and I can go to the 5min chapter icons and move along that way as well.

3) I tried kicking off both the scan media library, which ran for about a minute, and the roku thumbnails which ran for 3 seconds, neither of which changed the bif problem.

4) There is one difference in my previously generated bifs and this, in where I checked to save in the same folder as the media files.  I did not have that checked when I processed all my existing video files yesterday.

LbyDWhu.png

5) I also just tried another recording with the same settings on Match game, see below.  It seems there is the same limited single bif generation:

KS0PZMx.png

6) I will change the bif location back and try again with another show.

--------------------

On a different topic, I went into the recordings menu, and see the following items.  All of which were deleted by me previously, except for the Bob Newhart show.  Is this expected?  The directories are still in the folder, but the video files are gone.  As well, if I click on one, see the second image for the alert.  The same list of items show in the web app, and if you try to play one, see the error in the third image.  

Would seem these should go away?

ZZPKy0K.jpg

CxTzQNj.jpg

pQPmlOx.png

CortopassiLee

Update, recorded another show with the bif option unchecked to store them with the media files -- no bifs generated at all, but FF works fine.

There is an issue in the current release server where it tries to generate the bif before the recording has completed. This is already resolved for the upcoming 3.6 release.

Regarding the playback error, we're happy to help there if you could attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

CortopassiLee

Luke, thanks.  I don't think my playback description was clear.  

What I am trying to get across is that all those video files were deleted, on purpose, by me.  However, when going into recordings, they all still show up, I am assuming because the show directories were created when the recording was originally made, but the show itself was deleted.  So they are displaying shows which don't have any video files in the directory.

This is typically how I operate, not sure if it is common or not.  We record shows, watch them, and immediately delete them.  So once we would use Emby for a while, I will have directories for a lot of show, but those directories would be empty because I delete.  And these would all show in the recordings list.

Ok yes that's a different scenario we need to look at, which is cleaning up the empty series folder after a deletion. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
lcyril49

BONJOUR  moi ses pareil sa fait des moi je cherche a quoi correspondait ses fichier bif moi sa prend de la place en plus moi veut plus les voir ses fichier je trouve sa inutile alors ma question comment ne plus les avoir même après le avoir supprimé ?

5e956759c7410_fichierbif.png

BONJOUR  moi ses pareil sa fait des moi je cherche a quoi correspondait ses fichier bif moi sa prend de la place en plus moi veut plus les voir ses fichier je trouve sa inutile alors ma question comment ne plus les avoir même après le avoir supprimé ?

Hi.  If you do not want these then turn off "Thumbnail Generation" in the library settings.  However, you will lose chapter images and visual seeking with thumbs.