Shield Experience 7.2

CBers

arrbee99

OK, OK, I get that the Shield is a versatile device, but it cooks Chinese food as well ? thats impressive  :)

• Like 2

Should I hold off on upgrading my Shield to the 7.2.x Experience update? Does it break Emby at all? Thanks.

I'd hold off if it's not absolutely necessary. Some users are experiencing playback issues but it doesn't appear to be affecting all devices. Odds are good you'll be fine, but in the off chance you join the growing list of us having a device with playback issues, it will drive you crazy trying to use it.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66681-nvidia-shield-tv-playback-will-pause-constantly/

CBers

Seems that the problem is with 2015 model?

I have both the 2015 model (x2) and the 2017 model and have no issues, other than the HDR cropped issue.

EODCrafter

The update also fixed an audio dropout issue I was having with the Emby App and Kodi when playing movies. It's listed as a fix in the update. I was part of the preview program for the past 2 weeks and have watched a lot of movies testing that specific issue and I haven't had it happen once since. So, I am very happy about that.

Plus, the Shield now works as a Samba V3 client with my Windows computer so that is nice.

I am having no success with Samba V1 or V3. smb://192.168.1.130/ or smb:\\192.168.1.130\ . How are you getting it to work?

EDIT: Ahh I see, it only works FROM Shield to Windows, not the other way around.....

Edited by EODCrafter