Shield Experience 7.2

CBers

Out now? I'm in the ShieldTV Preview Program last I knew.

Any enhancements to control Emby with Alexa?

Lastly, do you know if Google Assistant can be controlled by Alexa voice commands or do I need to place a Google Home Mini next to my Echo Dot?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

CBers

Out now? I'm in the ShieldTV Preview Program last I knew.

You had to sign up to a Private Preview Programme, due to the leaks of the last release.

I signed up last week and only got the Private Preview yesterday.

Not sure this is generally available, but Nvidia tweeted it.

Trekster

It is. I was prompted to update today

You had to sign up to a Private Preview Programme, due to the leaks of the last release.

I signed up last week and only got the Private Preview yesterday.

Not sure this is generally available, but Nvidia tweeted it.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6003 med Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jdiesel

The auto colorspace switching is a nice addition. Looking forward to testing that out when I receive the update. 

mastrmind11

Lastly, do you know if Google Assistant can be controlled by Alexa voice commands or do I need to place a Google Home Mini next to my Echo Dot?

There's a very low probability of Alexa and GA ever working together.  However, I can say that Google Home works great w/ the Shield, way better than Alexa.

There's a very low probability of Alexa and GA ever working together. However, I can say that Google Home works great w/ the Shield, way better than Alexa.

Guess I'll be looking for a bargain on a Google Home or three. Argh!

mastrmind11

Guess I'll be looking for a bargain on a Google Home or three. Argh!

The minis are like $40 on the internet last I checked, and they're really pretty good.

The minis are like $40 on the internet last I checked, and they're really pretty good.

Or just use the ShieldTV remote?

mastrmind11

Or just use the ShieldTV remote?

Also works, but then you can't control other stuff in your house unless you get a Link ;)

I have an unused smartthings link but I already have my HA running two years now with VeraPlus and many customizations and plugins not available for smartthings such as pool control via Autelis / Jandy. Alexa talks to Vera already and there's a Vera plug in for Emby. Alexa also talks to Harmony which in turn talks to Vera too.. I'm mainly thinking of voice commands to control my selection of what to play via Emby and ShieldTV..

Edited by Sammy

cybergrimes

Slickdeals doesn't say it's expired. It probably took me 5 minutes to get the deal. It took a little over a week before Google shipped.

Edited by cybergrimes

mastrmind11

I have an unused smartthings link but I already have my HA running two years now with VeraPlus and many customizations and plugins not available for smartthings such as pool control via Autelis / Jandy. Alexa talks to Vera already and there's a Vera plug in for Emby. Alexa also talks to Harmony which in turn talks to Vera too.. I'm mainly thinking of voice commands to control my selection of what to play via Emby and ShieldTV..

https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/

Slickdeals doesn't say it's expired. It probably took me 5 minutes to get the deal. It took a little over a week before Google shipped.

Yeah.. just did it. I suppose I have 60 days to cancel the Spotify Family Plan..

cybergrimes

Yeah.. just did it. I suppose I have 60 days to cancel the Spotify Family Plan..

Yeah, I already canceled and it let me keep premium through the whole 60 days.

Pretty awesome deal

• Like 1

Yeah, I already canceled and it let me keep premium through the whole 60 days.

Pretty awesome deal

Did you wait until your Mini arrived?

i wanted to see if maybe high-res 5.1 FLAC was fixed, the answer is yes.. at least with PlexForKodi, and Emby. here are my test results with 5.1 Flac at 24bit/96kHz.   

Plex: Plays as 2.0 @ 48kHz.  
PlexForKodi: Plays as 5.1 @ 96kHz. i don't know if it's possible to check bitrate with my hardware, is it possible within the app?  
Emby: Plays as 5.1 @ 96kHz. again i don't know how to check bitrate.

so if i'm not mistaken, it looks like whatever prevented high-res 5.1 FLAC from working before is now fixed  

Edited by phrostb

jasonmcroy

The update also fixed an audio dropout issue I was having with the Emby App and Kodi when playing movies. It's listed as a fix in the update. I was part of the preview program for the past 2 weeks and have watched a lot of movies testing that specific issue and I haven't had it happen once since. So, I am very happy about that.

Plus, the Shield now works as a Samba V3 client with my Windows computer so that is nice.

Plus, the Shield now works as a Samba V3 client with my Windows computer so that is nice.

Yes that is quite nice.