Yosemite - PLEASE make Emby Server support ROKU app

mad1

So Plex did their upgrade which caused a bunch of initial issues / I'm using a Roku 2 and eventually got it sorted out so it's fine now - I've been using Plex for years and enjoying it, but the circumstances of the roll out made me interested in Emby again...
Downloaded the current MAC OS server here, only to find thait wasn't supported by Yosemite. UGH. Searched the forums hera and found link for a legacy Server and set it up  I REALLY like it as a local host - way less clunky than plex and just faster and more streamlined in general...and it LOOKS sharp too,"

Downloaded the Roku app....the legacy server won't support it. UGGGGGH.
Seriously - Yosemite is no dinosaur..."My Mac OS X 10.10.5 system is running like swiss clockwork, fast and VERY stable. Never bothered for any of the 'new' features in later OS's" - there's likely millions of users still using Yosemite IMO

I'm pretty much of a power user with my system configuration set up just fine, if you know what I mean - forcing an upgrade is not what I had in mind from Emby. Doesn't make sense to drive off the, I don't know, thousands, of Yosemite/Roku/Emby users in this respect. I'm sure I'll upgrade at some point, but not because I want use the Emby Roku app.

I know that there are "reasons" that Emby does this - I saw some tech responses here in similar threads - something about microsoft servers or something. - seemed like "passing the buck"

Anyhow - rant done...

any thoughts, workarounds, or imminent plans by Emby to address this

thanks 'O'

Edited by mad1

Hi, we'd love to but we're building with .net core and it requires 10.12+. In the event this ever changes we'll be happy to support older versions of macos. Thanks !

Luke  - sure, thanks...

but that in no way addresses what Emby might be doing to solve the problem, nor does it address my concerns or those of like many other current potential or current users.

"Not our problem" is it?

understand what I'm saying? 

Edited by mad1

Hi, we'd love to but we're building with .net core and it requires 10.12+. In the event this ever changes we'll be happy to support older versions of macos. Thanks !

Luke  - sure, thanks...

but that in no way addresses what Emby might be doing to solve the problem, nor does it address my concerns or those of like many other current potential or current users.

"Not our problem" is it?

understand what I'm saying? 

You could try downloading the release that was out just before the .net versions.

Emby 3.2.33 should work on Yosemite.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.2.33.0