Apache compatible log format

fathibn

Hi,

I need to have detailed statistics like the ones shown on this thread for Emby usage. Unfortunatly, Emby logs seems to mix access information, errors and some runtime debugging information.

Is there a way to have separate user access informations like in apache log formats, so I could run some generalistic log parsers against it and have stats about Emby usage. I know there is a stats plugin in Emby back-office, but this stats are for people whom don't have access to the back-office and should be monitored several times a day as this is a prototype infotainement server. These stats will help me justify the money I am requesting for 2019 to setup several emby servers on Tunisian trains.

Hi, can you give some examples of how we can adjust log messages? thanks !

Hi,

I have achieved to get some logs, as shown below, but these technical. I need to extract some commercial data: Number of users (/hour, /day), top N most viewed movies, bandwidth consumed, time spent viewing content (/hour, /user, /day), ...

You can also see, that the movie names are not shown as these logs are in apache's combined log format obtained from a reverse proxy in front of Emby.

I understand that the emby log format has much more information than that contained in the combined log format and this is good.

If access log entries where in a separate file from runtime log entries or prefixed so we can extract them easily, this could help me convert them or write a log parser to extract informations needed by my bosses.

TIA.5c1375ddf365f_screenshot20181214100924.p

chowbok

It might be overkill, but maybe you could put an Apache instance in front of it and have it proxy, and generate logs that way? Just a thought.

It might be overkill, but maybe you could put an Apache instance in front of it and have it proxy, and generate logs that way? Just a thought.

I am also putting a reverse ssl proxy in front of Emby and the previuously shown graphs are from the logs of the reverse proxy. Emby logs are much verbose but I still have de decode them.

moradielle

Hi,

I need to have detailed statistics like the ones shown on this thread for Emby usage. Unfortunatly, Emby logs seems to mix access information, errors and some runtime debugging information.

Is there a way to have separate user access informations like in apache log formats, so I could run some generalistic log parsers against it and have stats about Emby usage. I know there is a stats plugin in Emby back-office, but this stats are for people whom don't have access to the back-office and should be monitored several times a day as this is a prototype infotainement server. These stats will help me justify the money I am requesting for 2019 to setup several emby servers on Tunisian trains. iTunes Mobdro TutuApp

Hi, can you give some examples of how we can adjust log messages? thanks !