Library won't give focus on any programs, spinning wheel stuck in screen

emby-noob

FrostByte

Sorry for asking a newbie question but how do I join the Samsung beta program?

Jim

Not Samsung beta.  Server beta.  Luke is adding code to the latest server beta to get around this issue until Samsung releases the updated app he gives them. 

For Windows click the link below, other servers like Synology will have different ways to get the beta.

http://embydata.com/downloads/server/beta12/setup.exe

• Like 1

jbirmingham40

Unfortunately I need the Linux install.  Does not seem like this fix has been posted yet for Linux.  Will continue to monitor.  Thanks.

Jim

jbirmingham40

Thanks for the quick fix.  The workaround does in fact fix the infinite circle issue when you click play next.  Unfortunately it does not fix the other issue with no programs showing up when you click on a season.  The screen still only shows the row of buttons (e.g. Play, ..., and checkmark).  There is nothing displayed below that.

Thanks for the quick fix.  The workaround does in fact fix the infinite circle issue when you click play next.  Unfortunately it does not fix the other issue with no programs showing up when you click on a season.  The screen still only shows the row of buttons (e.g. Play, ..., and checkmark).  There is nothing displayed below that.

Right yes, this issue is only impacting the beta server, so stable users aren't seeing it. The app has an update to resolve this with it's next version, but I will see if I can add another workaround to the server for it. Thanks.

• Like 1

KingOfTheHaggi

Right yes, this issue is only impacting the beta server, so stable users aren't seeing it. The app has an update to resolve this with it's next version, but I will see if I can add another workaround to the server for it. Thanks.

i had the issue before beta and with beta but the beta server update helps as i can now populate the seasons episodes via the next episode button (screwed if it aint showing a next episode mind you) then i can go to end of the season its showing play that episode then click the jump button (play button with a line) and the next season episode 1 will play e.g season 1 episode 13 will get me to season 2 episode 1 if 13 was the last episode of season 1 when i press the jump button  i also notice if i go into the blank seasons folders and mark it as read it does the same thing so there is that options (experimenting on a series i dont care about)

hopefully this makes sence my brain is a bit "wonky"

emby-noob

Was this for the same Samsung app that I had originally posted regarding? I'm not on the beta server, I was going to try today when the fix was released, but have only been on the stable one, in case that helps at all.

jbirmingham40

The no episodes showing problem was happening with the latest GA release and is still happening with the latest beta.  Something about the latest Samsung firmware upgrade caused this to start happening.  :-(

Edited by jbirmingham40

The no episodes showing problem was happening with the latest GA release and is still happening with the latest beta.  Something about the latest Samsung firmware upgrade caused this to start happening.  :-(

Can you go to your series library settings and disable the advanced setting to automatically group series from mulitple folders. Then run a library scan. Then restart the Samsung app and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

emby-noob

Can you go to your series library settings and disable the advanced setting to automatically group series from mulitple folders. Then run a library scan. Then restart the Samsung app and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Not the person you replied to, but after upgrading to beta I can play videos again while the season folders are showing up empty for me too. Just tried to ungroup and rescan, but no change.

jbirmingham40

I do not have that option enabled.

Experiencing this on my UE65KS8000 too with Tizen app v1.0.48 and Server 3.5.3.0 running on Windows. Any idea when the fix will be rolled into a full server release (I don't tend to run the beta releases)? Thanks.

Edited by tman

KingOfTheHaggi

since i am hijacking multiple threads with similar issue i will now link them all with post i just created encase it helps someone who doesnt want to run the beta or is on the beta (please dont hurt me to much :P)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63895-tizen-app-is-not-showing-season-episodes/&do=findComment&comment=663188

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1.0.53 has launched for 2016 devices to resolve the issue of episodes not appearing on the season screen. I apologize for this issue. Thank you guys for your patience.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...