Library won't give focus on any programs, spinning wheel stuck in screen

emby-noob

emby-noob

Good evening,

My Samsung TV app was working fine this afternoon, and then after going out to run some errands it won't allow any sort of playback. As soon as I select a show none of the buttons have any focus or are selectable, and a wheel icon just spins. if I press play it will stop, but no other buttons aside from back work and I'm unable to play anything within the app. Restarted the TV and reinstalled the app with no change. I tried using the Play button to select it per Luke's recommendation on another post with no luck. Playback works on other devices, and I'm able to cast to my Chromecast connected to the TV just fine. The notification on my phones emby app isn't dismissable and doesn't go away when an episode ends without going back into the app and then backing out, but that's a different problem. I'm wondering if it's something with the newest version of the app released earlier today, as the timing would definitely coincide with when it stopped working, although I didn't get a notification of any sort that it was updated from my TV.

Screenshot here

Samsung model number: Samsung UN55KS8000F

Samsung firmware version: 1231

Samsung Emby client version #: 1.0.48. (updated, didn't know initially)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by emby-noob

emby-noob

On the TV? I don't know. It's not listed in the app or the app store from Samsung anywhere I can find. I just deleted and installed it again, no mention of the version anywhere. Is there somewhere I might be missing?

FrostByte

On the TV? I don't know. It's not listed in the app or the app store from Samsung anywhere I can find. I just deleted and installed it again, no mention of the version anywhere. Is there somewhere I might be missing?

If you click "View Details" in the app section while highlighting the Emby app you should be brought to the Emby app store.  There it will list the both installed and the latest available versions.

emby-noob

Ugh, you're right @@FrostByte, I feel pretty dumb. I had to click the More button to expand the description, but the bullet point ended perfectly at the edge of the screen so I didn't realize I could scroll down. It does list it there as 1.0.48 last updated 12/12.

• Like 1

FrostByte

It does sound like the circle of death issue you mentioned from the other threads has now finally caught up to 2016 with release .48 because you are the second one I've seen post since updating. 

FrostByte

It does sound like the circle of death issue you mentioned from the other threads has now finally caught up to 2016 with release .48 because you are the second one I've seen post since updating. 

Ha, make that 3 others now

emby-noob

Good to know! Sometimes the good news is hearing there's more than one, but also the bad news is hearing that there's more than one :)

Edited by emby-noob

Ok, I will add a workaround for this for version 1.0.48 to the beta server. If you jump on the server beta channel, this will be resolved with the next beta. Thanks.

And an app update was already immediately submitted since 1.0.48 took a while to get approved and is no longer the latest anyway. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

emby-noob

Thanks for the quick replies both of you. I'll look into joining the beta channel, but should I just keep casting from my phone until the TV updates pending that?

Not necessarily, the next beta server will resolve this so that you can use the app. The next app update will also, so whichever you get first. The next beta update will be available this week.

• Like 2

chris7197

Hi, I'm having the exsct same issue. How would I use the beta version on my Samsung TV for the time being? This issue is happening constantly for me, can't play anything

I'm referring to the beta server. The next beta server will add a special workaround to stop this from happening. It should be available in the next day or two. Thanks.

jblaze12

I just tried playing a video (movie or tv show doesn't matter) and also get the spinning wheel of waiting forever. I can't select anything past the movie or show. Also, tv shows don't show episodes just the season.

This all worked yesterday, noticed the app updated on 12/12. It was working perfectly fine a few hours ago.

I cannot play any media at this time. Emby is broken on Samsung TV.

Edited by jblaze12

FrostByte

I just tried playing a video (movie or tv show doesn't matter) and also get the spinning wheel of waiting forever. I can't select anything past the movie or show. Also, tv shows don't show episodes just the season.

This all worked yesterday, noticed the app updated on 12/12. It was working perfectly fine a few hours ago.

I cannot play any media at this time. Emby is broken on Samsung TV.

Can you click Play on the remote in movie details page still to bypass the spinning circle?  That works for some.

Luke has already submitted a patch to Samsung, though that may take some time for them to release.  Your other option right now is to join the beta server which contains a hack of sort to bypass the problem until Samsung processes the next version

jblaze12

Can you click Play on the remote in movie details page still to bypass the spinning circle?  That works for some.

Luke has already submitted a patch to Samsung, though that may take some time for them to release.  Your other option right now is to join the beta server which contains a hack of sort to bypass the problem until Samsung processes the next version

Hi, the play nor enter button do anything. I left it there for 10 minutes, no changes. Thanks for the info. I hope this isn't common where an update nearly completely breaks the app. Disappointing.

KingOfTheHaggi

this worked for me thanks

just pressing enter to stop circle and then play button on remote downside is the folders wont show any episodes for me so i have to rely on play next

down side is there is no bar for progress but you can press play pause and it will pause been trying all day for something but this works (yes i hijacked another thread with same issue)

jbirmingham40

I am having the same issues since the update.  No episodes showing and infinite spinning wheel. Only workaround is play all and then skip to the next episode until I get to the episode I want.

Sorry for asking a newbie question but how do I join the Samsung beta program?

Jim

Edited by jbirmingham40

shadetree

We'll have a beta server update today to resolve this. Thanks.

OK, Thanks for the the upcoming beta fix for the Samsungs. Version 3.6.0.76 beta broke them.

Edited by shadetree