#41 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • Local time: 09:40 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Heh, I already have a Xbox which doesn't trigger HDR. Why would I need another box which doesn't work either? :)

:D

#42 holdestmade OFFLINE  

holdestmade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 PM

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:49 AM

LOL, and 2018 premium sets are still at .29  Looks like I'll have to buy a new TV just get out of Samsung's black hole.

btw:  was that a typo "2017 and 2017"

Same here, really regret the Samsung 2018 TV purchase, not just because of the emby app but bought it for the Smartthings integration and that turns out to be a rubbish app on the TV and the phone come to think of it.

As a TV it's great (apart from having to reset it every few weeks as it stops recording as scheduled)

#43 aperry OFFLINE  

aperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 05:40 PM

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Is it possible to have some more information/expectations/transparency regarding the situation with 2018 model Samsungs (stuck on version .29)? I understand there have been some challenges getting newer versions through the Samsung approval process, but it's been an unusually long time. I've subscribed to Premiere with hopes that I can have a clean Emby experience running on my TV, and this holding pattern is difficult. Thanks for any information you can provide!

• FrostByte and holdestmade like this

#44 holdestmade OFFLINE  

holdestmade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

Was excited to see a new post in the Samsung TV releases post but, no.

I feel you frustration, I'm in the same boat.

I even tried Plex yesterday as that App works in Samsung TVs but it is nowhere near as good as emby, even with the text label glitches in the Samsung App.

I've had the TV nearly a year now, I look on here every day.....hoping...

#45 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

I've had the TV nearly a year now, I look on here every day.....hoping...

Buy a STB, such as a Shield, Mi Box, Fire TV or Apple TV ;)

• holdestmade likes this

#46 holdestmade OFFLINE  

holdestmade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

I could but I went from a shield and TV to this TV as it had everything all in one. I spent £2600 on it. It should work as expected. 😠

#47 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

I could but I went from a shield and TV to this TV as it had everything all in one. I spent £2600 on it. It should work as expected.

The TV does, but you can't blame Samsung for an app not working correctly.

I have a Samsung TV and a LG 4K TV, but still have Nvidia Shields plugged into them, as do many other people here on the forums.

#48 aperry OFFLINE  

aperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

I have a Shield TV and that's what I'm using now, but it has its own issues (mostly unrelated to Emby). I was really hoping to simplify the whole setup and run the apps like Emby, Netflix and YoutubeTV from the Samsung TV itself, which for the most part is stable and reliable (with a much better remote control!). It would be one less device, less cables, no CEC nightmare, no input switching, etc.

#49 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

I have a Shield TV and that's what I'm using now, but it has its own issues (mostly unrelated to Emby). I was really hoping to simplify the whole setup and run the apps like Emby, Netflix and YoutubeTV from the Samsung TV itself, which for the most part is stable and reliable (with a much better remote control!). It would be one less device, less cables, no CEC nightmare, no input switching, etc.

Totally understand your reasoning.

IMO, the Emby Android TV app is far superior to the ET app, as the Shield is a much more powerful device, so you'll get better results with it.

As I said, just my opinion.

#50 aperry OFFLINE  

aperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

Totally understand your reasoning.

IMO, the Emby Android TV app is far superior to the ET app, as the Shield is a much more powerful device, so you'll get better results with it.

As I said, just my opinion.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was kind of optimistically hoping that the newer version of the Samsung Emby app would be better than the current one. Oh well, maybe I should spend more time making the Shield work better :)

Edited by aperry, 25 April 2019 - 01:20 PM.

• CBers likes this

#51 JaysEmby OFFLINE  

JaysEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:02 AM

Any news on when an update will be done for the 2017 premium models as still on 1.0.44 :(

Prefer way looks polished on the Samsung than the roku.. but it lags so much or hangs with a large movie database... if I just have 100 films it works great but 8000+ and it just gets stuck

Dont suffer any issues if use plex app though 🤔

#52 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts
  • Local time: 04:40 PM

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

We're working on it. We've unfortunately drawn a very difficult tester for 2017 and 2018 models who keeps failing the app for really difficult reasons. Latest one being running the tv behind a VPN and they can't connect to their server and I'm trying to get them to realize that there's nothing the app can do about it.
  • FrostByte likes this

#53 JaysEmby OFFLINE  

JaysEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

Is there not a way can retract the vpn stuff for now then so at least you can push forward an update for now with current improvements and fixes you done that have been approved?

Then sort the vpn issues that are failing the testing for another future update?

Is this possible? I'd really like to move over from plex completely as this hanging lag issue is the only problem I am facing with a large library 😕
  • FrostByte likes this

#54 someperson OFFLINE  

someperson

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:28 PM

We're working on it. We've unfortunately drawn a very difficult tester for 2017 and 2018 models who keeps failing the app for really difficult reasons. Latest one being running the tv behind a VPN and they can't connect to their server and I'm trying to get them to realize that there's nothing the app can do about it.

Seriously? This, of all things, is what's holding things up? Is he aware of how terrible the current 1.0.29 version for 2018 TVs is? Is he aware that every other year has a far superior version? This is really making me regret buying a Samsung last year.

• FrostByte likes this

#55 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 4355 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:21 AM

Totally agree, this VPN issue is not a serious enough of a problem to be a show stopper.  It hasn't stopped all the other years from being updated and it's not a scenario that most people run.  It's just completely stoopid that one tester would prevent any updates to go forward for over a year now when none of the other testers are doing the same.  There are too many bugs that have been fixed already in the last 365+ days to not let this go through and let the VPN issue be resolved later.

• CBers and JaysEmby like this

#56 JaysEmby OFFLINE  

JaysEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

If other testers are passing this app for other year models without any issue but this one tester is not for 2017/2018 tvs then must be something that can be done no?

why wont they just let it pass with the many issues and bugs that have been fixed and the vpn issues can be sorted in the future as the vpn feature surely cant be a huge demand as its been so long since an update for these models has happened :( 

can we not complain for users with these 2017/2018 tvs and ask the simple question of why pass all the other year models but not these two years as its just stupid

i certainly dont regret buying a samsung tv at all it has all the other apps i want on there but just emby is stuck with its update, must be a way to get this app passed even if just pull the bloody vpn stuff out of the app / code just so it will pass this little anal dwelling butt monkey of a tester 

• FrostByte likes this

#57 avinashp OFFLINE  

avinashp

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

I have a 2018 model and I would love to be able to update the app to the latest version which all the other models have. Any update on this?

#58 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Hopefully there will be soon, thanks.

• pauljamesbusby and avinashp like this

#59 pauljamesbusby OFFLINE  

pauljamesbusby

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

Ah jeez I just got my 2018 model in a special offer and was hoping it could replace all the various boxes I have. I guess my Roku lives on! (For now)

#60 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140224 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:14 PM

We have an update currently in Samsung review. We are hoping this will be the one that makes it through. Thanks.

• FrostByte and pauljamesbusby like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users