New Samsung Releases

Luke

When are the updates pushed out via Samsung? My Emby is still 1.0.82 but wondering how long until it will update to .84 without me having to do via USB?

FrostByte

Version .85 usb should be available any time now.  Luke has them out there before the 1st of the month because that's when the messages start appearing.

At the same time he sends them to Samsung and it's all up to Samsung how long they take to review.  If the store is still showing .82 for your model (every model is tested separate so others could have a different version) then Samsung is several releases behind in review which is one reason they were made available for usb download.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Emby for Samsung 1.1 is up for USB download. This release is a fun one, with new features in the video OSD:

• Like 2

Sammy

No shite!

FINALLY. Can't wait to check it out! 

Links to d/l page?

Edited by Sammy

Meltx103

Has the Shuffle button been removed? I cannot find it after the latest update. All I have is Play and Trailer. Being able to shuffle a tv series was a very useful feature for me, whereas I have never used the trailer button.

FrostByte
6 hours ago, Meltx103 said:

Has the Shuffle button been removed? I cannot find it after the latest update. All I have is Play and Trailer. Being able to shuffle a tv series was a very useful feature for me, whereas I have never used the trailer button.

Shuffle appears at the top of the list in the three dot menu (...) of both series and seasons in v1.1

rbjtech

Excellent News - just installed via USB and working well 👍

SO nice to have chapters and all the other Android TV options on the Samsung TV.

Many Thanks !

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Excellent News - just installed via USB and working well 👍

SO nice to have chapters and all the other Android TV options on the Samsung TV.

Many Thanks !

Actually - It's just dawned on me that this new Samsung Client is using chapters ok on the Release version of the server (I don't run beta as my main system) .. 

So I guess there is no dependency on the new Beta server release (with chapter support for ET and Web ) .. as it works just fine.

🤔 

Edited by rbjtech

mjeshurun

Hello Friends,

Is Emby still available on the Samsung TV Tizen OS app store?

I would like to install the app on a 2019 Samsung Frame TV, but I can’t find it on the Samsung app store. 
I also tried using a VPN set to a USA server, but the Emby app was still not found on the tv’s app store. 

Edited by mjeshurun

psxlover
5 hours ago, mjeshurun said:

I also tried using a VPN set to a USA server, but the Emby app was still not found on the tv’s app store. 

Availability depends on what region the TV was set for, not on where the TV is located (the VPN has no effect on this).

You either need to install the beta version using a USB (check pinned topics), or reset the TV and set it up for a region that has Emby in the store.

Edited by psxlover
  • Like 1

mjeshurun
1 hour ago, psxlover said:

Availability depends on what region the TV was set for, not on where the TV is located (this VPN has no effect on this).

You either need to install the beta version using a USB (check pinned topics), or reset the TV and set it up for a region that has Emby in the store.

Thank you very much for the tip :)

FrostByte

The only thing a vpn may help with is with geo locked apps (Netflix I think is one) when the region of your TV is US/UK and your IP is something else.

Edited by FrostByte

mjeshurun
9 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The only thing a vpn may help with is with geo locked apps (Netflix I think is one) when the region of your TV is US/UK and your IP is something else.

Thanks. Good to know 🙏

• 1 year later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great News! Emby for Samsung has been updated to 1.6.4 for 2021-2023 models !

For 2019-2020 models, coming soon hopefully.