New Samsung Releases

Luke

FrostByte

I think it's specific to the year of your tv and what it supports.  They all support fat16 so that was just the easiest to with since others reported having problems with other formats

Sammy

It's a 2017 UN40M5300A.

So YES! According to the manual it supports NTFS but I suppose I need to dig up a USB 2.0 thumb drive.

• Like 1

Bruny07

So I've uninstalled the old .77 and installed the .78 from usb and now I can't login (invalid user or password).

2020-04-30 22:16:37.124 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 185.xxx.xxx.xxx. Time: 1ms. http://xxxxx:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname
2020-04-30 22:16:55.707 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxx:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; LINUX; Tizen 5.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 TV Safari/537.36
2020-04-30 22:16:55.707 Error HttpServer: Access token is invalid or expired.

Edit: Downgraded back to .77 and I was able to login Edited by Bruny07

Sammy

I didn't get a chance to use the beta version yet but the stable version .77 seems to work, albeit sloow..

Will Tizen ever get time shifting / seeking or CC's in LiveTV or is this just too hard to implement? 

So I've uninstalled the old .77 and installed the .78 from usb and now I can't login (invalid user or password).

2020-04-30 22:16:37.124 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 185.xxx.xxx.xxx. Time: 1ms. http://xxxxx:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname
2020-04-30 22:16:55.707 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://xxxxx:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; LINUX; Tizen 5.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 TV Safari/537.36

Edit: Downgraded back to .77 and I was able to login

Hi, what version of emby server are you running?

k0Lm.

Unfortunatly, after a year or 2, i still encounter the same bugs which makes Emby not preferred and still use Plex, but, i have it on the side to see if some stuff finally gets fixed and i can switch over.

For some more information about Bruny07's issue, which i also encountered;

Go to the user that has that issue, select tab Access, at the bottom mark option "Allow access from all devices".
I don't know if that solves it for you but it did for mine, for some reason it lists the updated TV as a new device.
Afterwards the "new" device will be listed and you can use that to revert the settings.

Edit: Oh and for one server update there also was a password error, dont know the version but it was a pretty recent one. It worked fine for all other devices but the samsung TV got logged out and errored when logging back in. After removing the password and reapplying the same password it worked.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Downgraded back to .77 and I was able to login

Edited by k0Lm.

Sammy

I finally got a chance to install this beta. It shows up as a "white" app rather than the standard "Chocolate" app. Still now time shifting (other than pause) and no CC's in LiveTV. Will that ever be possible? This is my only SmartTV BTW and it is in the guest bedroom so not too much of a deal; everything else is hooked into AndroidTV.

EZEd

While we're asking about things possibly coming to the Samsung TV app, I'll throw this one in again... now that Android TV and Roku have a functional version of being able to play music and photo slideshows simultaneously, will the Samsung TV app ever get this capability or is it physically impossible with their hardware?  Currently Samsung TV app can't do this.  If you start one and then try to start the other, the former immediately stops. They can't be made to play together simultaneously in any measure. This is a feature that I've been waiting on since I got my TV.  It appears to work on all the other clients except this one.  The Plex client on Samsung TV is also able to do it, so evidently the Samsung hardware allows it somehow, but I guess maybe the server side is doing more of the work in that case than the client.  If the Samsung TV app will never have the capability it's not a problem, I can use one of the other clients (Android or Roku) it's just not preferred.  Also if the capability is not coming to Samsung TV app, I can stop looking for it and asking about it.  Just wondering?

• 2 months later...

1.0.81 is available for USB installation. It has a number of subtitle related improvements that can be found in the release notes topic. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

1.0.81 is available for USB installation. It has a number of subtitle related improvements that can be found in the release notes topic. Thanks.

Closed Captions for LiveTV yet?

4 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Closed Captions for LiveTV yet?

No, the changes were related to subtitle files.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
psxlover
5 hours ago, Luke said:

1.0.84 is up for USB download. Thanks guys.

Perhaps you could post new versions in the changelog thread as replies, in addition to updating the changelog in the first post. That would trigger e-mails to whoever follows the thread.

Of course posting here would be good enough, if it is consistent ;)

1 hour ago, voe said:

How can I rewind a video?

version 1.0.84

UE55NU7470, remote controller 3d23d1214166ba830572ccf09f4b

Click left. You might have to do this a lot of times, there is no real rewind 😉

You might also be able to select a chapter from the info details screen.

Ciao, Alfred

FrostByte
1 hour ago, voe said:

How can I rewind a video?

version 1.0.84

UE55NU7470, remote controller 3d23d1214166ba830572ccf09f4b

There is a feature request to add real chapter and visual seeking.  You can add your desire for this there if you want. 

Otherwise, like serpi mentioned you either choose the chapter from the details beforehand or you just keep skipping 30 seconds at a time.  I think you can just hold the button down, but this basically does the same and just sends multiple skips

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having issues with rewind when playing tv recordings (.ts files). When I click left to rewind 10 seconds or click the rewind button using the GUI it actually forwards 10 seconds instead? The move forward 30 seconds works as expected.

This behavior does not occur when playing media that is not a recording. I also do not get this behavior using the web or Android app. Is this a known issue?

Tv is a RU7400 4K TV

App Version is 1.0.82