New Samsung Releases

Luke

Thanks for the quick response Luke.

@@memc, please try downloading the zip again and installing again. I added a fix for older tizen models. Thanks.

Guest JaysEmby

will try this update later today @@Luke as need to delete all separate movie sections i made to over come the large list hanging issue, so currently sorting all back to one large list and will test this out "fingers crossed"  :D

How do I check what version I have?

I was hoping to see closed captions for live TV but not this build.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

FrostByte

How do I check what version I have?

I was hoping to see closed captions for live TV but not this build.

Click the gear button in the top right corner of your screen.  Should be at the bottom of the settings page that comes up. 

Also, when the app is running it will display the version in the active clients on the server

Guest JaysEmby

cant wait now for the fwd / rwd to be worked on so can actually go through the time scale smoothly instead of every 30s, emby for samsung has come a long way lately  :wub:

FrostByte

cant wait now for the fwd / rwd to be worked on so can actually go through the time scale smoothly instead of every 30s, emby for samsung has come a long way lately  :wub:

Agree, the app seriously needs some sort of chapter and visual seeking method.  Not sure why chapter skipping was taken away and never brought back.  Been several years now.  The skipping 30 seconds at a time is very painful.

• 2 weeks later...
flatline69

Emby 4.3.1.0 Premiere. Samsung SmartTV (UN55MU8000) Emby Theater 1.0.76 (In Canada, not in the Samsung App Store so been updating via USB)

Noticed in the dashboard that 1.0.7.2 was mentioned, clicked on link and I see mention of new OSD. I updated but still has the old OSD (back/fwd 30sec, play/pause, CC and settings)

Did I miss something?

Hi, the reason I mentioned that in the release notes is because some models in the store got updated from a much older version, so they hadn't had the new osd yet.

flatline69

Hi, the reason I mentioned that in the release notes is because some models in the store got updated from a much older version, so they hadn't had the new osd yet.

Ah I see. So I updated to 1.0.76 via USB but doesn't have the new OSD mentioned. Will this align at some point as the new OSD is more familiar to my family than what's currently being displayed.

flatline69

Yes 1.0.76 does have it. Why do you think that it doesn't?

Because I don't see it :) Still has the original OSD from previous releases (pre 1.0.72) with just the options I mentioned originally. Normally I uninstall the client and reinstall via USB and it's definitely not there (Samsung SmartTV (UN55MU8000) Emby Theater 1.0.76)

5e6d2d40a3b4e_snapshot.jpg

There are still features we need to add to it, but that is the current design.

flatline69

There are still features we need to add to it, but that is the current design.

The blog shows different OSD which is what I thought was new (the Emby Theatre we've been running since we started is like my screenshot) and my family mentioned was more familiar to them: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-482-emby-for-samsung-tizen-smart-tv-1072-released/

ie: prev/next, rewind/ffw, etc.

Either way, I now understand. Thanks.

The blog shows different OSD which is what I thought was new (the Emby Theatre we've been running since we started is like my screenshot) and my family mentioned was more familiar to them: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-482-emby-for-samsung-tizen-smart-tv-1072-released/

It's the same thing, but later the ff/rew icons were changed to the round ones as that is more common nowadays.

FrostByte

You will get the round icons with the jump time if there is an icon with that time available (i.e. 30 secs).  However, if you go into settings and change this time to something there is no icon for then you will get the standard >> << icons because there is no prebuilt icon for that time.

If you prefer the >> and << then change the jump times in settings to something that there is no icon for.

If you play around with that setting though you will see that it's the same new OSD, just different settings

Edited by FrostByte

flatline69

You will get the round icons with the jump time if there is an icon with that time available (i.e. 30 secs).  However, if you go into settings and change this time to something there is no icon for then you will get the standard >> << icons because there is no prebuilt icon for that time.

If you prefer the >> and << then change the jump times in settings to something that there is no icon for.

If you play around with that setting though you will see that it's the same new OSD, just different settings

Thanks. Our preference was standardized controls, that's all. I'll try this as it's a decent compromise from the sounds of it but still cannot change to next/prev title (ie: >| and |< controls) but have to stop playback and then choose. The Samsung remote is very limited in its controls for this TV and my family hates using my Harmony :)

1.0.75 has been released to the stores now, which almost brings it fully up to date with the latest USB release (1.0.76).

The big thing is that the store release has the much improved scrolling performance now.

• Like 1

shocker

1.0.75 has been released to the stores now, which almost brings it fully up to date with the latest USB release (1.0.76).

The big thing is that the store release has the much improved scrolling performance now.

I think it's there for 4 days now. Seems that most TV's got up to date! Thanks @@Luke!

• 1 month later...

New announcements:

• Emby for Samsung 1.0.78 USB download is available
  • Emby for Samsung 1.0.77 now available in the Samsung store for 2017-2019 models. It's still in review for 2015-2016 models.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Sammy

New announcements:

• Emby for Samsung 1.0.78 USB download is available
  • Emby for Samsung 1.0.77 now available in the Samsung store for 2017-2019 models. It's still in review for 2015-2016 models.
Enjoy.
Where do you get the USB version?

Is there a changelog?